France confirms second French death in London attack

Adjust Comment Print

Seven people were killed and almost 50 others were wounded in the Saturday night rampage.

Thomas was walking with his girlfriend over the bridge when the attack began on Saturday night.

Police said earlier that witness accounts suggested Thomas might have been thrown into the river.

Delcros was seriously injured when she was struck by the van.

Australian Sara Zelenak was a victim of the London attack.

Spain urged British authorities to speed up the identification of the dead and wounded in the London Bridge attacks to spare more suffering to the relatives who have been looking for a 39-year-old Spanish banker.

Former U.S. Director of National Intelligence Jim Clapper said in a speech to Australia's National Press Club: "Unfortunately, on a serious note, I am compelled to acknowledge the tragic loss of two Australian citizens in the mindless, heinous terrorist attack in London".

The marksmen are charged as they train their guns on the attackers, with one knifeman, who appears to be Butt, swinging his weapon wildly towards an officer.

The officer, whose name has been protected, added: 'I am so proud of my colleagues from BTP and everyone from the other emergency services who were on shift that night and did everything they could in the face of danger.

UK police arrest two more men over Manchester attack
The Side to Side star posted the footage on her Instagram page and left it caption free, apart from numerous heart emojis.

"Echeverría, who is from Madrid but lives in London and works for HSBC, has been hailed as a hero for apparently using his skateboard to take on the London Bridge attackers".

The Italian mother of a London Bridge attacker says her son was always very hard on himself, never measuring up to his own rigid expectations, and had become radicalized in the previous year while living in London. I thought, what is going to happen?

Alexandre Pigeard, 26, who was working in a French restaurant in Borough Market, has already been confirmed as being among the seven people killed in the knife and van attack on Saturday.

Eight people were killed and dozens were injured.

Police killed all three attackers.

British police hunting for a Frenchman missing since Saturday's attack said earlier that they had found a body in the River Thames. She feared he had gone into hiding because he knew one of the other attackers: "I was afraid". KFC spokeswoman Jules Pars said Wednesday that Butt worked there in 2015.

At least two of the men were known to British intelligence and law-enforcement officials, raising questions about whether anything could have been done to prevent the assault.

Italian authorities said Zaghba was stopped at the Bologna airport in 2016 and questioned in Italy, but never charged with a crime. Italian officials said suspicions about him had been shared with British authorities. A court later decided there was insufficient evidence to try him and dropped the charges. Authorities said he aroused suspicion because he tried to board a flight to Turkey with a one-way ticket and a small backpack.

Comments