Georges St-Pierre Signs on Dotted Line for UFC 217, Michael Bisping

Adjust Comment Print

This afternoon, former UFC welterweight champion and bona fide MMA legend Georges St. Pierre picked up a pen, scrawled his signature on an agreement for a UFC 217 middleweight title fight with champ Michael Bisping, and generated a collective sigh of disappointment from the many established contenders in the UFC middleweight division.

St-Pierre (25-2-0) subsequently stepped away from the sport, saying his life had become "completely insane" and a "freaking zoo".

White had hoped to book the fight in July, however, after St-Pierre said that he wouldn't be ready to enter the Octagon until October, the UFC president pulled the fight off the table. Who knows if that's even the case.

White, far from impressed with Woodley's performance, told the media following the fight that Bisping vs St-Pierre was back on because he knew "Bisping would show up and fight".

ACLU sues LePage for blocking Facebook critics
But there are close ties between the purportedly unofficial page and LePage's official communications. The civil liberties organization recently filed similar lawsuits against Republican Kentucky Gov.

"Finally signing my UFC 217 Bout Agreement vs. Michael Bisping for November 4 at MSG - Get ready for a big night in NYC!" said former welterweight UFC champion in the caption to the picture of him signing the papers, on Instagram and Twitter.

Bisping let the cat out of the bag last week with regard to the date and location of the fight. "So yeah, I'm going to give it to him".

He originally retired on a 12-fight winning streak.

Bisping has defended his title once since knocking out Luke Rockhold, scoring a victory vs. Dan Henderson late a year ago.

Comments