The bus was targeted by three bomb blasts on Tuesday, with former FC Barcelona defender Marc Bartra requiring surgery on a broken wrist.
The Ireland assistant manager said: "It was shocking, shocking scenes, especially with one of the players seriously injured, but I think it was right that the game went ahead".
Former Germany worldwide Matthaus criticised UEFA's decision to have the game take place so soon after the incident, and is quoted by Goal.com as saying: "I heard from sources in the team, that many players did not want to play".
Dortmund lost 3-2 in a breathless rearranged encounter, which Tuchel claims his side were told they had to play by a text message from UEFA.
"But I saw it in the faces of my former players after the game and I saw the shock in their eyes and that was really hard".
Playing just a day after their team bus was attacked outside the team hotel, it was not easy for Borussia Dortmund's players, Monaco striker Radamel Falcao said. "Because last night I didn't realize what happened, and when I was at home and my wife and my son were waiting in front of the door, there I felt how lucky we were", the visibly shaken Sahin told former Norway global Jan Aage Fjortoft, now a journalist.
Greece, lenders achieved results, but no full deal Friday - Eurogroup head
Greece's latest rescue loan installment remains frozen pending a deal, with the country facing a spike in debt repayments in July. But Tusk said Wednesday that a deal "will be possible thanks to the readiness of Greek people to sacrifice something".
"Everybody can imagine it was a hard moment for me because I don't know how often I was in the team hotel with Dortmund", he said. What we think has not interested anyone. We are people who have families, who have kids in the house.
However, Uefa denied that Dortmund had been forced to play. Pride. I look at it proudly, thinking that all the damage they wanted to do to us on Tuesday stayed in this (injury).
Tuchel was less than impressed with UEFA's decision to move the game to Wednesday, saying BVB were never even consulted which made them feel powerless in the matter.
Dortmund were 2-0 and 3-1 down to French side Monaco, for whom 18-year-old forward Kylian Mbappe scored twice.
Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere, who attended Dortmund's match, said the "fascination" surrounding football drove terrorists to try to disrupt it. Last night I didn't realise what happened and when I was at home my wife and my son were waiting for me in front of the door and then I felt how lucky we were. "We will play for everyone. we want to show that terror and hate can never determine our actions".
Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim had some sympathy with Tuchel's view, but said the packed fixture calendar contributed to the hasty rescheduling. "There is so much more than football in this world and last night we felt it".





Comments