U.S. President Donald Trump is open to authorizing additional strikes on Syria if its government uses chemical weapons again or deploys barrel bombs in the country, the White House said on Monday.
This infuriated the global elite, who are desperate for regime change in one of the last remaining rogue nations, so just like in 2013 the Left and the Neocons blamed a chemical attack on Assad and forced Trump's hand since they knew his supporters would expect him to stand strong against "terror".
Trump responded to the gas attack by firing 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian air base on Friday.
The U.S. says Assad's government carried out the attack, and it accuses Russian Federation of trying to deflect blame from Assad. But two things should give us pause in expecting too much too quickly: Syria's Russian patron and the nature of civil war.
Defense Secretary James Mattis said earlier in the day the airstrike was meant to deter the use of chemical weapons, and that while there is "no doubt the Syrian regime is responsible" for an attack last week, America's priority in Syria is the fight against the Islamic State group, also known as ISIS and ISIL.
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday said that U.S.
He also criticized USA foreign policy, calling it "ambiguous" and "contradictory".
He is due to meet his Russian counterpart, Sergei Lavrov, but it is not clear whether an expected session with Vladimir Putin would go ahead.
A fact-finding mission from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) is investigating the attack.
Russian Federation says rebels were responsible for whatever chemical agent was found, which the Trump administration calls a disinformation campaign.
United Airlines says it will no longer use police to remove passengers
The airline offered $800 for passengers to give up their seats, but none of them took the offer. According to United's Airlines policies , all flights are subject to overbooking.
Meanwhile in an interview with Fox Business Network to be broadcast on Wednesday, President Trump said he had no intention of going to war in Syria. "No", Trump said. But, he added, "I see them using gas. we have to do something".
The Trump administration on Tuesday revealed intelligence that it said proved that Syrian forces had carried out the deadly chemical weapons attack in the northern Idlib province that led to the USA missile strike.
Furthermore, Pres. Trump's actions violated the U.S. Constitution, as he neither sought nor received the legally required authorization from the U.S. Congress to launch a war on another sovereign state.
Konstantin Kosachev, the head of the foreign affairs committee in the upper house of the Russian parliament said Moscow would only agree to restore the link on condition that the "U.S. abandons any action against the Syrian army".
He said Russian Federation should also be asked how it didn't know that Syria was planning a chemical attack since it had advisers at the Syrian airfield.
He also rejected American claims of certain evidence that Assad ordered the chemical attack.
"Russia should not be isolated, but rather involved - within the bounds of possibility - in the process of political transition in Syrian", said the Italian minister.
In an interview with the Fox Business Network, Trump said he was not planning to order U.S. forces into Syria, but that he had to respond to the images of dead children poisoned in the gas attack.
McMaster, meanwhile, said on Fox News that while he supported removing Assad, the United States was "not going to be the ones who effect that change". Tillerson is considering the request, he said, "and we expect that Washington will have a constructive reaction". Any expectations of an easy rapport have crashed into reality amid the nasty back-and-forth over Syria and ongoing US investigations into Russia's activity connected to the USA presidential election.
It came days after Chinese leader Xi Jinping held his first meeting with President Donald Trump at a summit in Florida last week.




Comments