UK MP warns of cover-up in London fire

Adjust Comment Print

He said there are roughly 2,500 similar apartment towers throughout Britain.

Commander Cundy furthermore highlighted: "Our investigation will be wide ranging and exhaustive - it will seek to find out if any crimes have been committed and if so make sure that we do all we can to bring any person responsible to justice".

Detectives investigating the fire at Grenfell Tower have today released haunting images and footage from inside the building.

"Obviously, the longer people have to wait, especially finding out what happened to their loved ones, (that) can create anger", said Abdurahman Sayed, Chief Executive Officer of al-Manaar. So the criminal investigation really has to come first.

Speaking on Friday evening, Mrs May said: "Everyone affected by this tragedy needs reassurance that the Government is there for them at this awful time - and that is what I am determined to provide".

Residents who met Mrs May in Downing Street over the weekend said while they welcomed the funding they had not been consulted before the announcement was made.

Rydon, the lead contractor on the renovation, has said that it complied with all the necessary fire and safety regulations.

"His dream was to be able to go back home one day and rebuild Syria". She later called for a full public inquiry into the catastrophe.

Attention has focused on materials used during the renovation process completed a year ago.

Russian warplanes kill 2 top IS commanders: Defence Ministry
Rami Abdulrahman, director of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, cast doubt on the report Baghdadi may have been killed. Does the Russian account stack up? A spokesman for the US-led anti-IS coalition said he could not confirm the Russian claim.

There were also angry scenes outside the offices of the Kensington and Chelsea council, which was responsible for managing the 1970s social housing block, in a working-class enclave in one of London's richest areas.

He said: "We investigate criminal matters".

The remains of Grenfell Tower stand in London, Saturday, June 17, 2017.

Cundy said it could take a number of weeks to complete the search of the tower.

"Our focus has been on those that we know were in Grenfell Tower".

The new exterior cladding used in a renovation on London's Grenfell Tower may have been banned under United Kingdom building regulations, two British ministers said Sunday as police continued their criminal investigation into the inferno that killed at least 58 people.

Experts believe the exterior cladding, which contained insulation, helped spread the flames quickly up the outside of the public housing tower early Wednesday morning. "But my understanding is that the best advice is that retrofitting sprinklers may not always be the best technical way of ensuring fire safety in a building", he said.

Grief and disbelief at seeing a tower that had been home to up to 600 people reduced to a burned-out shell turned to outrage and anger.

The British Government on Sunday scrambled to contain political fallout from the London high-rise inferno as it emerged the cladding used on the tower may have been banned in the United Kingdom.

Comments