Previously unreleased CCTV footage has made its way to social media, showing the moment armed police officers killed three terrorists who launched a vicious attack on Londoners last week.
"At any one time MI5 and police are conducting around 500 active investigations, involving 3,000 subjects of interest".
The announcement came amid more raids and arrests following the Saturday night rampage - even as officials faced questions about how intelligence services had apparently lost track of at least two suspects before the attack.
Thomas was walking with his girlfriend over the bridge when the attack began.
Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn yesterday said he supported those calling for May to resign because of her role reducing police staffing during her tenure as home secretary, though he said the best remedy was to vote her out.
Youssef Zaghba is said to have told Italian police "I'm going to be a terrorist" when he was stopped trying to travel to Syria previous year.
The police say Butt was one of the three men, who rammed a van into pedestrians on the London Bridge before launching a stabbing spree in bars and restaurants at nearby Borough Market on Saturday night.
Thomas's girlfriend was seriously injured after being hit by the attackers' van.
Trump Changes Stance On Qatar
French President Emmanuel Macron has also reached out to Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Iran in a bid to kick off negotiations. Meanwhile, Turkey's parliament approved sending troops to an existing Turkish base in Qatar as a sign of support.
The three men, who wore fake suicide vests, were shot to death by police.
Eight officers were involved in the shootout with the three attackers, and the video had been confirmed as genuine by The Guardian. Butt and Redouane both lived in Barking, east London.
Police said earlier that witness accounts suggested he might have been thrown into the river.
The six other victims are yet to be named, but they include a French national, according to press reports in the country.
They killed eight people and injured 48.
All 12 people arrested on Sunday after the attack have now been released without charge.
ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack, in a statement published by its Amaq news agency.
The paper is also reporting Italian authorities allegedly tipped off the United Kingdom security services about his movements.





Comments