In Britain's third terror attack in as many months, Butt and two others rammed a van into pedestrians on London Bridge on June 3 evening before running into the bustling Borough Market area where they slit throats and stabbed people.
Abz, 27, is said to be from Barking in east London, was pictured lying on the ground after the police swooped on the attackers on Saturday night and shot them dead in a flurry of 50 bullets.
He appeared in a Channel 4 documentary entitled "The Jihadis Next Door" about British extremists that was broadcast previous year, British media reported.
Khuram Shazad Butt, a 27-year-old Pakistani-born British citizen, was known to the police and the MI5, British authorities said in the statement, adding that "there was no intelligence to suggest that this attack was being planned and the investigation had been prioritized accordingly".
Italy was in an easier position than countries like Britain, which had to deal with "innumerable" notifications of potentially unsafe individuals, he said. The parents lived for a time in Morocco before separating when the mother returned to Italy and re-established herself in Bologna. According to a poll published yesterday by the group Survation, May's lead over Labour has shrivelled to just over a single point - 41.6 percent to 40.4 percent.
Most of the London Underground stations reopened Monday in the neighborhood where the attack took place, allowing life to resume after more than 24 hours of lockdown.
Читайте также: Blockade against Qatar 'hindering' planning for long-term operationBut the premier also faced mounting criticism for her record on security in the six years she served as Britain's interior minister before becoming prime minister last year.
The first of the dead to be named were Canadian Christine Archibald and Britons James McMullan and Kirsty Boden.
After a brief pause, election campaigning resumed on Monday, with security dominating the agenda ahead of Thursday's vote.
There were moving scenes at London Bridge, where Londoners looked on in tears over a sea of floral tributes to the victims of Saturday night's attack. Gabrielli said some police forces had been deluged with tip-offs about potential radicals, making it possible for some to slip beneath the radar. The 48 injured included people from Britain, France, Spain, Australia and New Zealand, in what May called "an attack on the free world". Zaghba's Italian citizenship prevented such an expulsion, Italian daily Repubblica said. Twelve people who were detained in connection to the attack have been released without charge, police say.
Asked whether the financing of terrorism was brought up in April when she met the leaders of Saudi Arabia, a major buyer of British arms, she said: "We talked to Saudi Arabia on a whole number of issues around the question of terrorism".
She vowed to crack down on terrorism suspects if she wins the election - "and if our human rights laws stop us from doing it, we will change the laws so we can do it".
При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
Comments