Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel says Spain defender Marc Bartra will be out for about four weeks because of the injury sustained in the bomb attack on the team bus.
The bigger topic, however, is the fact UEFA didn't communicate with Dortmund before informing them they would be back in action so soon after Tuesday's explosions, a decision that may have wrecked the German outfit's Champions League chances. "When they told us "you're up tomorrow", we felt completely ignored". He added that they are human beings with feelings, families and children.
Dortmund's compact stadium, packed with raucous home fans dressed in the team's distinctive black and yellow colors, is usually an intimidating venue for visiting teams, but both sets of supporters were united in their disgust at the attack. However, UEFA ordered the club to get it together and face Monaco the next day, less than 24 hours after a couple of people tried to kill them.
Monaco's second away goal came via the head of Dortmund defender Sven Bender - who came in place of Bartra in Tuchel's back three. UEFA spokesman Pedro Pinto told The Associated Press the governing body was in touch with all parties. He noted that they only received a text message instructing them to play the next day after the attack. I hope that what happened to us, never happens to anyone else. "But in all parts of life we can only give 100 per cent and I'm sure everyone is doing this to give you the best security you can have".
Dortmund's Nuri Sahin, Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Lukasz Piszczek, Matthias Ginter and Julian Weigl, from left, react after losing 2-3 during the Champions League quarterfinal first leg soccer match between Borussia Dortmund.
Iran's Rouhani condemns 'flagrant USA aggression' in Assad call, state TV says
It stressed that the incident was due to an air attack that battered a terrorist-operated chemical weapons factory. He did not respond to shouted questions about the assault from reporters as he opened meetings with Xi on Friday.
The Turkey worldwide added that he was not thinking about football when he was on the pitch.
"It is hard to speak about but only because in the world a lot of really difficult-to-understand things happen at this moment and as smart human beings we all think about this", he added.
"Last night I didn't realise what happened and when I got home my wife and son were waiting in front of the door I felt how lucky we were".
But so far there is no evidence that he was involved in the explosions that injured a player and a police officer.
Mbappe described how the incident had panicked Monaco's players as they awaited news from Signal Iduna Park.





Comments