Reuters reports that former Afghan president Hamid Karzai accused his successor on Saturday of committing treason by allowing the USA military to drop the largest conventional bomb ever used in combat during an operation against Islamic State militants in Afghanistan.
Nangarhar provincial spokesman Attaullah Khogyani, however, said some 90 terrorists were killed.
More than 1,900 IS militants, several Afghan security forces and two U.S. soldiers have been killed in Achin and neighboring districts since early 2015 when IS emerged there, according to Afghan military officials.
Two militants of the Islamic State (IS) group were killed after a NATO-led coalition forces' drone struck a vehicle in Afghanistan's eastern province of Nangarhar, the provincial government said on Sunday.
The US launched GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb in combat for the first time Thursday, hitting IS tunnel network in a remote, rugged area of eastern Nangarhar province.
White House press secretary Sean Spicer said the bomb had "targeted a system of caves that Isis fighters use to move freely around, making it easier for them to target United States military advisors and Afghan forces in the area".
The Kabul government has defended the dropping of a 11-ton "Mother of All Bombs" by the USA forces on suspected Islamic State hideouts in eastern Afghanistan near Pakistan.
Fortunately, Khogiani said there are still no reports of any civilian casualties as a result of the bomb strike.
The US estimates 600-800 IS fighters are in Afghanistan, mostly in Nangarhar.
About actions against the Afghan Taliban, the USA commander said he hoped fighting with the militant group would end soon and the reconciliation process with the Taliban would commence.
Former president Hamid Karzai slammed government over the move and said it had been nothing more than a weapons of mass destruction test and that it had been in violation of Afghanistan's national sovereignty.
Doctor prescribed Prince meds under friend's name
Despite this new information, we still don't know how Prince obtained fentanyl , the opioid painkiller that ultimately killed him. The search warrant that was briefly public notes that first responders started CPR on Prince before determining he was dead.
"Afghan and foreign troops closely coordinated this operation and were extra cautious to avoid any civilian casualties", it said.
Public reaction to Thursday's strike has been mixed, with some residents near the blast praising Afghan and USA troops for pushing back the Islamic State militants.
The Defense Ministry said 36 suspected IS militants were killed in the strike.
"The bomb's reverberations wave frightened me so badly", he said as he headed back into the village to check the damage.
Mr Trump hailed the mission in Achin district as "very, very successful".
But some critics called the action "disproportionate".
He added: "Still, from a strategic standpoint, there is an unsettling takeaway here: The US pulled off a huge shock-and-awe mission against an enemy that isn't even the top threat to the US in Afghanistan".
The Taliban, a much bigger insurgent group, is expected to soon announce the start of this year's fighting season. The U.S. has concentrated on fighting them while also supporting Afghan forces against the Taliban.
ISIS, notorious for its reign of terror in Syria and Iraq, has made inroads into Afghanistan in recent years, attracting disaffected members of the Pakistani and Afghan Taleban as well as Uzbek Islamists.
"Two Daesh (Arabic acronym for IS) suicide bombers died following a drone strike in Baandar, an area in Achin district late on Saturday", it said in a statement.



Comments