Borussia Dortmund's Marc Bartra undergoes operation for bus blast injury

Adjust Comment Print

UEFA "is reviewing the security arrangements for tonight's matches and security procedures will be enhanced accordingly wherever needed", it said, asking supporters to allow extra time for the possibility of enhanced checks.

She would not give details about its contents or whether it was authentic or not.

He also praised the conduct of supporters, who were forced to evacuate the 80,000-capacity stadium following the attack. The attack was claimed by the Islamic State group. They also call for the removal of German fighter jets from Turkey and Syria, and the closure of the American Air Force base in Ramstein, Germany. "That's our job", Dortmund Chief Executive Officer Hans-Joachim Watzke said. "And of course we play for Marc Bartra, who wants to see his team win".

Chancellor Angela Merkel condemned the attack as "a repugnant act" and praised the "great solidarity" shown by both teams' fans on Tuesday.

Vadim Vasilyev, Monaco's vice president, said "football must not be taken hostage", and pledged that the quarter-final would go ahead.

They are investigating whether the attack could be linked to Islamist terror, German media has reported.

But the probe has now been taken over by federal prosecutors, whose remit includes terror investigations.

The German press agency DPA said investigators are examining a second letter, posted on an anti-fascism online portal, which said the attack was in retaliation for what it called the club's soft approach towards neo-Nazi and racist fans. But doubts over its authenticity were raised by sources in the radical-left.

The deadliest was the Berlin truck attack, which killed 12 people in December.

Ivanka Trump supports her dad missile attack on Syria
She was "heartbroken and outraged" when she saw the photos of children killed by poisonous gas, he said in a new interview. It is likely Russian Federation alerted the Syrians about the incoming strikes but this has not been confirmed.

Three explosions went off near Dortmund's bus as the team set off Tuesday evening from its hotel on the city's outskirts for its Champions League quarterfinal match against Monaco.

Defender Marc Bartra was injured in the attack, which left him requiring surgery on a broken bone in his wrist.

The Federal Prosecutor's office statement said the explosive devices used "were armed with metal pins, one of them drilling itself into one of the headrests of a seat".

Spain global Bartra was the only player injured when windows in the bus shattered in the explosions.

Dortmund goalkeeper Roman Burki told Swiss outlet Blick that he had been sitting next to Bartra.

"After the bang everyone in the bus got their heads down. We didn't know what else would happen". "We are pleased to spend another day in Germany".

Yesterday's game was postponed and rearranged for today at 5:45pm. "Speak a little bit french and will support you".

Police chief Gregor Lange said: "This evening at 19:15 [local time] there were three explosions in the surroundings of the BVB hotel".

Comments