Frauke Koehler, a spokeswoman for federal prosecutors, said that two suspects from the "Islamist spectrum" have become the focus of the Dortmund investigation. One of the suspects, a man, was arrested. The federal prosecutor has therefore taken the investigation.
Luecke did not give details of its content, but national media citing unnamed sources said it referred to the Berlin attack in December claimed by the Islamic State group that killed 12 people. Tobias Plate, a spokesman for Germany's Interior Ministry, said notes at the scene claiming responsibility haven't been a feature of past Islamic extremist attacks.
Germans opened their homes to stranded Monaco supporters on Tuesday evening after an attack on the Borussia Dortmund team bus forced officials to postpone the Champions League soccer match by a day.
Spanish global Marc Bartra underwent surgery on a broken wrist after he was hit by flying glass. The injured policeman, who was on a motorcycle and had been escorting the team bus, suffered trauma from the noise of the blasts. "Following the successful operation, the Spaniard will be now out of action for several weeks as he recovers".
The Dortmund team had been leaving for the stadium to face Monaco when the blasts occurred.
The devices, which were hidden behind a bush, contained metal fragments and had a reach of 100 meters (109 yards), the prosecutor's office said.
She says investigators are still working to determine how the devices were detonated on Tuesday night and what substance was used.
Uefa said the review is being conducted by "police, security services, stadium management and the clubs involved" in Germany and Spain.
The region's top security official raised the possibility that the note could be "an attempt to lay a false trail".
Denver to pay nearly $1M to family of teen killed by police
Neither officer was charged or disciplined after prosecutors determined they were acting out fear that Jordan might be run over. The city of Denver will pay the family of a 17-year-old girl fatally shot by police almost $1 million as part of a settlement.
State interior minister for North Rhine-Westphalia Ralf Jaeger, speaking in Dusseldorf earlier, said the number of police had been increased significantly in Dortmund ahead of the rescheduled game. "It could be left-wing extremism or right-wing extremism".
The first-leg match against Monaco was called off shortly before kickoff Tuesday evening following the blasts near the team hotel in suburban Dortmund, which authorities assume were a targeted attack. "However, we expect and I am confident that the team will do its best and deliver a spectacle in the Champions League this evening".
"Security procedures will be enhanced accordingly wherever needed", the European soccer body said in a statement that asked fans attending the games to prepare for additional security checks.
About 40 fans gathered outside Dortmund's training ground on Wednesday, many in the club's distinctive yellow and black shirts.
Lentwojt said she is confident that Dortmund's players will be able to perform in the rescheduled match.
She says: "Yesterday in the stadium I always felt safe".
Bestron said that they took the photo with French former soccer player Ludovic Giuly's jersey this morning to mark the moment. "It's not the main topic of the game today".
"I thought [in] these great cities, Paris or Munich or London, something like that, but in Dortmund, I never thought that", he said. In Munich, Bayern lost 2-1 to Real Madrid while in the Spanish capital Atletico Madrid beat English champion Leicester 1-0.




Comments