Former CNN commentator Kayleigh McEnany hosts "real news" videos for President Trump

Adjust Comment Print

On Saturday morning, Kayleigh McEnany announced she had left CNN, where she had been employed to defend Donald Trump. It was touted as "real news", following a longstanding claim by Trump and his supporters that mainstream news outlets deliver "fake news". The segment was recorded at Trump Tower, according to the video.

Trump has frequently shared positive clips from mainstream TV news broadcasts and the White House creates its own shareable videos to use on social media. It is also unclear who is funding the series, though CNN noted Sunday that the video does not appear to be paid for by the White House.

His first presenter was his daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, who sang the praises of the President in front of a backdrop emblazoned with his name.

Throughout 2016, Donald Trump's campaign vigorously denied myriad media reports that if they lost the presidential election, the former Celebrity Apprentice host would create his own conservative television network.

Pakistan desires India, Afghanistan to make reciprocal efforts for peace: Asif
He said that Pakistan wanted good relations with Afghanistan too, but India will also have to play a part in this. Asif said that India was disturbing situation at the western border besides the Line of Control (LoC).

"Wow. Feels eerily like so many state-owned channels I've watched in other countries", wrote former U.S. ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul. "We are going to bring you nothing but the facts" and that "I bet you haven't heard about all the accomplishments the president had this week, because there's so much fake news out there".

In her video, McEnany touched on the Trump administration's newly-unveiled RAISE Act, rolled out on Wednesday. "I'm Kayleigh McEnany, and that is the real news".

Kayleigh McEnany ended her run at CNN by asking for a release - and being granted it - from her contract with CNN.

Comments