US would welcome effective Syrian effort to defeat ISIS

Adjust Comment Print

Ibrahim Kalin said the de-escalation zones, agreed by Turkey, Russia and Iran, would be further discussed during talks in the Kazakh capital Astana in early July, Haberturk television channel said.

The U.S. military said on June 23 that a crisis hotline with Russian Federation set up to avoid accidental clashes in Syria is still being used, despite Moscow's threat earlier this week to suspend it.

Command points and weapon and ammunition of ISIS were destroyed in Hama province of Syria, according to the state news agency.

The most recent such strikes from ships and submarines were announced by the ministry on May 31, aimed at targets around Palmyra.

Political and armed opposition groups in Syria rejected the proposal when it was announced last month, saying Russian Federation has been unwilling or unable to get President Bashar al-Assad and his Iranian-backed militia allies to respect past ceasefires.

Trump Sued For Allegedly Violating Presidential Records Act
A new lawsuit accuses President Donald Trump and his office of illegally destroying presidential records. Attorney general Jeff Sessions, sporting a short-sleeved collared shirt, smiled as he ate his dinner.

Separately on Friday, a senior Russian lawmaker said Moscow is "nearly 100 percent" sure that the IS top leader was killed in a Russian airstrike last month.

Committee head Viktor Ozerov was quoted as saying the defense ministry would not have released information about Baghdadi's death if it believed it could be later proved incorrect.

The whereabouts of the shadowy Al-Baghdadi, with a $25 million United States bounty on his head, have not been known.

According to the Russian MOD, the terrorists were attempting to leave Raqqa which is besieged by Kurdish militia of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) and the US -led coalition forces and head towards Palmyra using a "southern corridor".

"Taking advantage of the dark time and a hard ground relief, the terrorists deploy gunmen via various routes to the Hama province, where later they equip command posts and also depots of armaments and ammunition in large buildings", the ministry said. The ministry also captured the attack on the camera (watch below). It said the fighters were trying to move out from Raqa towards Palmyra.

Comments