And the sister of missing 32-year-old James McMullan, who is British, said he is believed to have died in the attacks because his bank card was found on one of the bodies.
Australian nurse Kirsty Boden was also confirmed as a victim of the attack after "running towards danger" to help the victims.
"Australians formed an important and vibrant part of the fabric of life in London, and we are reminded of that in good times and bad".
The story 'South Australian nurse feared dead in London attack: report' originally appeared on The Sydney Morning Herald.
Fairfax Media has confirmed Ms Boden's identity with a well-placed source who said authorities were nearly certain she had been killed in Saturday night's terrorist attack. "I'm doing whatever might help people find her and I just want people to help and be able to find her".
"As she ran towards danger, in an effort to help people on the bridge, Kirsty sadly lost her life", they said.
"We are so proud of Kirsty's actions which demonstrate how selfless, caring and heroic she was. Thank-you for all the overwhelming love & support from everyone", her mother Julie Wallace announced on Facebook.
Today the country saw a minutes silence as it remembered those who lost their lives in London.
Over the last few days, friends of Sara launched a desperate plea to find her.
FOREIGN Minister Julie Bishop has confirmed two Australians are among the victims of the London Bridge terror attack.
London fire: At least 79 people presumed dead in Grenfell Tower inferno
Mrs May has pledged a £5 million support package for the victims, which included a promise to rehouse them within three weeks. They were demanding "justice for Grenfell" and protesting against the deal that has been struck with the DUP .
Moments later the 47-year-old construction worker said he spotted a "blonde girl", who he later identified as Ms Zelenak, set upon by Youssef Zaghba, Khuram Butt and Rachid Redouane.
Ms Zelenak is the second Australian to be named as a casualty.
" class="local_link" > men hit pedestrians on London Bridge before getting out and stabbing people in nearby Borough Market on Saturday (3 June)".
Sara hadn't been online to check her WhatsApp messages since 10:03pm and her friends and family thought she may have dropped her phone in the panic.
"Every little bit will help in this tragic situation to bring Sara home", she wrote.
Ms Hedge, 34, working as a waitress in the Borough Markets area, underwent emergency surgery but is expected to make a full recovery after her attackers missed her windpipe and arteries.
She said the government was keeping in close contact with the families of the victims. "Very friendly, caring, always with a smile on her face".
"Where (the) policemen were stabbed three months ago, she was there the day before in the exact same spot", Ms Wallace told 97.3FM radio in Brisbane. "I wanted all of them to chase me so they would leave her alone and so I ran down to the community garden (near Southwark Cathedral)".
"The last time I spoke to her was our time Friday afternoon at 4.42 and she said, 'Oh mum!"
"She's very sensible, far more sensible than I was at her age". "My husband and my boys are insanely distraught".


Comments