France confirms second French death in London attack: minister

Adjust Comment Print

Charisse O'Leary issued a statement on Wednesday saying she and 30-year-old Moroccan pastry chef Rachid Redouane had a daughter together and split up about six months ago.

The announcement came amid more raids and arrests following the Saturday night rampage - even as officials faced questions about how intelligence services apparently lost track of at least two suspects before the attack. In total 29 people are being treated at five London hospitals.

Witnesses reported seeing a man falling into the river after being hit by the van driven by terrorists on London Bridge.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said the search for Thomas continued on Wednesday.

The Italian mother of a London Bridge attacker says her son was always very hard on himself, never measuring up to his own rigid expectations, and had become radicalized in the previous year while living in London.

Valeria Khadija Collina said her son Youssef Zaghba, an Italian national of Moroccan descent, told her he wanted to go to Syria to start a family in a religious Islamic climate - not to fight. "And this happened in England, absolutely". She said she thought he might have gone into hiding because she was aware he knew one of the slain attackers.

Italian authorities said Zaghba was stopped at the Bologna airport in March 2016 and questioned, but never charged with a crime.

Speaking of the attack, Collina said: "It is a disgusting thing, something that should not happen".

According to the BBC, Sara Zelenak, a 21-year-old Australian from Brisbane, is among the dead.

Australia looks to make amends against Bangladesh
Bangladesh folded for a paltry 182, Australia will need 183 when they chase on a good wicket, they should get it on a canter. They were briefly set a revised target of 166 from 43 overs, but further rain brought a halt to proceedings at 21:21 BST.

He had worked as an analyst at HSBC in London.

The minister did not identify the new victim, but reports said it was Sebastien Belanger, 36. He said: "Especially during a terrorist attack, the victims and their relatives have to be well taken care of". "There are three deaths and eight injuries on the French side", Macron said.

Four of those killed in the attack have been named as Australian Kirsty Boden, Canadian national Chrissy Archibald, James McMullan, from Hackney, and French national Alexandre Pigeard.

"It is a heavy toll that we pay in these attacks", he added.

Three more people were arrested on Wednesday in connection with London's weekend terrorist attack, on the eve of Britain's election, police said.

"I'm calling on all Londoners to pull together, and send a clear message around the world that our city will never be divided by these ugly individuals who seek to harm us and destroy our way of life", Khan said. Britain did not participate.

The body of 45-year-old Xavier Thomas was pulled from the Thames on Tuesday, downstream from the London Bridge, pushing the death toll from Saturday's terrorist attack to eight, authorities said. Nearly 50 were injured.

Detectives previously appealed for the public's help to locate Thomas, who had not been seen since the attack on Saturday.

Scotland Yard has confirmed that Butt was known to police and MI5 but said there was "no intelligence to suggest that this attack was being planned" and the probe "had been prioritised accordingly".

Comments