But he told the local Channels television station: "One said, "No, I have a husband".
In spite of that Grace is "praying to God that is, I am praying that may God help us maybe my niece she is among those girls".
The women's minister said the recently-released 82 would be reunited at another facility in the capital with 24 of their classmates who were released or found a year ago. Nigeria's government exchanged them for five detained Boko Haram commanders. Press reports say that the girls generally appeared to be in good physical condition.
Zannah Mustapha, a Nigerian barrister who led the negotiations, told Newsweek that negotiations were ongoing and that the government was seeking to establish a complete "cessation of hostilities" with Boko Haram, which has been beaten back by Nigerian and regional military offensives in recent years.
Families in Chibok are meeting with community leaders to identify photos of the newly freed schoolgirls to determine if they will travel to the capital to meet them.
Alhassan said the students' parents will meet their daughters at the presidential villa in Abuja.
Some of the girls who escaped shortly after the mass kidnapping said some classmates had died from illness, and others were radicalized and didn't want to come home.
PM arrives in China to attend OBOR forum
He would be among 29 heads of state and governments taking part in the meeting from May 14-15. Other Western nations, including the United States, will be represented by junior officials.
The government has been caring for 24 previously released girls and four babies, Alhassan said.
Saturday's release of the 82 girls brings the number of girls released by Boko Haram to 103. But it was the mass kidnapping of 276 girls in April 2014 that horrified the world and brought the extremist group global attention. They are in Abuja taking part in a rehabilitation program.
"It gladdens my heart that after years of hoping, crying and praying, 82 of our Chibok daughters are out of captivity".
(AP Photo/Sunday Alamba). Allen Manasseh, Chibok parents' spokesperson, speaks during an interview in Abuja, Nigeria, Tuesday, May 9, 2017.
Pointing out that the Buhari administration had promised to do all it could to get the girls released, he stated that it took the PDP government eternity to acknowledge the abduction, and by that time that could have been used in rescuing the girls was lost.
"Let me reassure Nigerians, especially relatives and friends of the remaining girls, that the federal government will spare no effort to see that they and all other Nigerians who have been abducted safely regain their freedom".
The group of experts also called on Nigeria and the worldwide community not to forget about kidnap victims still held by Boko Haram, and to work toward their release.





Comments