Attorney calls Aaron Hernandez 'very good' man

Adjust Comment Print

Aaron Hernandez, 27, was accused of killing Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado in a drive-by shooting in 2012 after a fight outside a nightclub in Boston's South End. He is serving life in prison without the possibility of parole.

According to CNN, Hernandez was acquitted of all eight charges related to the double murder except for a single weapons possession charge.

Hernandez turned to his long-time fiancee Jenkins and mouthed, "I love you".

Lawyers for the state relied heavily on a former friend of Hernandez, Alexander Bradley, who said he had been the driver for the shooting.

Hernandez had been accused of shooting both men to death outside a Boston nightclub after a run-in with one of the men inside the club - who reportedly bumped into the former Patriots tight end and spilled his drink. Bradley lost his right eye; Hernandez was acquitted of witness intimidation.

"The verdict reached today in the Aaron Hernandez double murder trial was very disappointing".

Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Washington Capitals - 4/19/17 NHL Pick, Odds, and Prediction
We know what it's like to play on the road in the playoffs . "When a goalie gets hot like that, it makes it easier for us". I think we're experienced enough and old enough to manage it and just forget about it and move forward.

"He's going to be hanging onto the hope and prayer that someday his other murder case will be overturned", said Philip A. Tracy Jr., a Boston-based attorney who has followed Hernandez's cases closely.

After six days of deliberations, the jury found Hernandez not guilty of first-degree murder in the killings of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado.

"That killer took pleasure in what he did that night", Patrick Haggan, the lead prosecutor in the case, said. Hernandez told Bradley to roll down the SUV's windows and run a red light so they could pull up next to them. Prosecutors also pointed to Hernandez's tattoos as confessions of the crimes.

It would be one thing if we found out the jury verdict and said "Hernandez is back on the Patriots!"

Hernandez grew up in Bristol, Connecticut, and played for the Patriots from 2010 to 2012.

The team dropped Hernandez just hours after his arrest on June 26, 2013, nine days after Lloyd was found dead.

Comments