Jury Finds Ex-Patriots Star Aaron Hernandez Not Guilty of Double Murder

Adjust Comment Print

Former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez has been found not guilty of a 2012 drive-by shooting that left two men dead.

Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has wept quietly in court after a jury announcement acquitting him of a Boston double slaying.

Aaron Hernandez has been acquitted of double murder. Lloyd was found in an industrial park with multiple gun shots to his back and chest. Lloyd, who was the boyfriend of Hernandez's fiancée's sister, was killed in an industrial park near Hernandez's house.

According to reports, the jury deliberated for more than 35 hours over the course of six days before coming to a not guilty verdict this afternoon.

"They don't want you to base your decision on evidence, they want you to base it on prejudice". They jury otherwise declined to comment.

Jenkins Hernandez took the stand March 30 at the trial, saying she learned to keep her mouth shut and "not to ask any questions" in certain situations. Baez said that Bradley received the "deal of a lifetime" from prosecutors. He claimed that the star athlete reached across him to shot five times into the victims' BMW. The incident cost Bradley his right eye.

Vettel survives Ferrari 'shut-down' in Bahrain
The pair is favourites to win in on Sunday in Bahrain All Alonso can do is watch from the sidelines and hope to get to the finish. At one stage the two Ferraris caught Bottas on track and were held up by the Mercedes before the Finn pit late in the session.

The defense told another story about a drug deal gone bad. Two immigrants from Cape Verde, Safiro Furtado and Daniel de Abreu, were killed.

Prosecutors presented some evidence that contradicted parts of Bradley's testimony.

Hernandez's defense team reportedly argued that it was Bradley, not Hernandez who opened fire on the vehicle that night. One of these violent rages came two hours before the shooting at Cure Lounge. Bradley, who is serving a five-year sentence of his own over a shooting in a Hartford bar, testified earlier this month that the altercation began after de Abreu accidentally bumped into Hernandez causing a drink to spill on the former player. "This just points out how hard it is to solve a drive-by shooting". Members of that jury found that Hernandez used "extreme atrocity or cruelty" in the killing. He believed the police were following him with a helicopter.

"He was charged for something somebody else did, and that is a weighty burden for anyone to shoulder", Ronald Sullivan, Hernandez's attorney, said.

Bradley's credibility - or lack thereof - played a major role in the trial. The district attorney says there's "some consolation" that Hernandez will remain behind bars regardless.

Comments