Time for Arsenal to forget Lemar and go for Mahrez?
French champions Monaco are preparing a £45m bid for Arsenal want-away striker Alexis Sanchez . The funds gained from that deal allow the Blaugrana to invest heavily in Neymar's replacement on the left flank, and 21-year-old Lemar would give them another young wide asset who possesses elite potential.
Sports - All News
-
Mariners place Felix Hernandez back on DL
Hernandez was slated to start Saturday's game against the Kansas City Royals . Hernandez is no longer the Cy Young-winning version of himself, though he does have a 3.10 ERA in his last five starts, and the Mariners will miss him. He recorded his 2,300th career strikeout on July 4 against the Kansas City Royals, becoming the 50th pitcher in major league history to reach the milestone.
-
Arsene Wenger: 'Alexis Sanchez is fully committed'
Chelsea were 3-0 winners over Arsenal earlier in the preseason, thanks to two goals for Michy Batshuayi and a third from Willian . Arsenal beat league champions Chelsea in May's FA Cup Final , which set up this weekend's rematch at Wembey.
-
Marc Marquez beats Valentino Rossi to Czech GP pole position
But I can't wait to climb back aboard the M1 and working with the team. But I was happy because I saw that all of Japanese staff were pushing a lot to try and improve and we improved in some areas. But very picky and it means having to take a very high concentration and remain at the highest level can adapt to any situation. But I feel good; in fact, I've felt great all weekend so far.
-
Barcelona launch assault on Ousmane Dembele
Dembele has been named alongside the likes of Philippe Coutinho and Eden Hazard as contenders to fill the Brazilian's boots after impressing for Dortmund in his first season since signing from Rennes. The Frenchman said it was every player's dream to play at Camp Nou for the Catalan side and he too was interested. Nevertheless, he continues to attract interest from Barcelona , who are in desperate need to sign an attacking player following the shock departure of Neymar this week, which ...
-
Pablo Sandoval Recalled to MLB Roster by Giants After Brandon Belt Injury
Sandoval , who won three World Series championships with the Giants , signed with the Boston Red Sox via free agency in November 2014. Prior to Friday's games, Goldschmidt's National League ranks were seventh in batting average, second in on-base plus slugging, tied for seventh in homers, tied for second in runs and tied for second in RBI.
-
Kyle Busch wins Xfinity Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen
Yes, the No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing driver won NASCAR's 2016 race at the NY track , and his path to victory could still be fresh in his mind. Watkins Glen will receive $10 million to improve its downtown as one of 10 winners of New York Gov.
-
Crusaders beat 14-man Lions 25-17 in Super Rugby final
The Crusaders were helped significantly by a first-half red card to Lions flanker Kwagga Smith for a tackle in the air on Crusaders fullback David Havili , who was flipped over by the collision and landed dangerously on his neck and shoulder area.
-
Burnley friendly abandoned on police advice
The Clarets were leading 1-0 after the opening half, but clashes between rival fans in the stands saw the game called off. Mee pleaded with the fans to calm down alongside opponent Martin Harnik as Hannover , recently promoted to the Bundesliga , saw their fans forget about what had been unfolding on the pitch.
-
Kieran Trippier injury mars Spurs' impressive Wembley win over Juventus
Trippier had set up the opening goal for the hosts, attacking with verve down the flank. But the 26-year-old was unable to see out the first half and was eventually replaced by Kyle Walker-Peters four minutes before the break. "To be on the bench?' I can't compete with Harry Kane or Hugo Lloris or different players, '" he said. The 21-year-old has a year left on his deal with Schalke but has not ruled out a move away from the Veltins-Arena which will have added to the intensity of those ...
-
$104million Star Ready to Sign for Arsenal - This Could Facilitate Move
Monaco have already lost a host of players this summer including Bernardo Silva and Tiemoue Bakayoko. Lemar has been heavily linked with a move to The Emirates all summer as Arsene Wenger looks to bolster his attacking options ahead of next season.
-
Barcelona in Double Swoop for Coutinho and Hazard after Neymar Sale
The Italian was questioned at his press conference ahead of this Sunday's Community Shield clash against Arsenal on interest from the Catalans regarding Hazard . Manager: Antonio Conte left a huge impression on English football in his first season in west London, masterminding a charge to the title as the Blues brought the Premier League trophy back to Stamford Bridge for the second time in three years.








