Syrians fear new Raqqa turmoil once Islamic State is defeated

Adjust Comment Print

Defense Minister Marise Payne also said that Australian "force protection is uppermost in our minds" regarding the decision of when to resume missions over Syria.

Australian warplanes will soon resume airstrikes against Islamic State targets in Syria after operations were suspended as a precaution because a USA fighter jet shot down a Syrian warplane earlier this week, the defense chief said Wednesday.

After the United States shot down a Syrian regime plane accused of bombing SDF near Tabqa on Sunday, the SDF threatened to retaliate against Syrian regime forces if attacks on them continue and Russian Federation has announced it will track and target any airborne vehicles that pass west of the Euphrates.

Chief Mark Binskin said their operations in Syria were suspended while Australia examined the situation in what he described as a "complex pieces of airspace" over Syria.

"This was a precautionary measure to allow the Coalition to assess the operational risk and the suspension has since been lifted".

Australia lifted a suspension on military air missions over Syria imposed after the shooting down of a Syrian jet by United States forces. Russian Federation condemned the US action and in retaliation suspended a hotline meant to prevent such incidents.

Future Uncertain for GOP's Dodd-Frank Reform
This new legislation will end taxpayer-funded bailouts once and for all and ensure no company remains "too big to fail". Despite the bill's passage in the House, the prospects that it will become law are dim.

On Thursday the ADF announced it would resume airstrikes against Islamic State targets in Syria and Iraq.

The downing came after the Syrian government's SU-22 jet dropped bombs near US-backed fighters combating Daesh.

In a statement posted to RIA the Defense Ministry said: "From the eastern part of the Mediterranean, the frigates "Admiral Essen, ' "Admiral Grigorovich" and the submarine "Krasnodar" of the Russian Navy fired six cruise missiles 'Caliber" on the ISIS targets in Syria".

In spite of the United States also leading a coalition against the terrorist group as well, the USA has simultaneously been engaged in conflict with so-called "pro-regime" forces of the Syrian government, as well as supporting actors Russian Federation and Iran.

A top USA general said the country would work to relaunch the "deconfliction" hotline established in 2015, after Russian Federation said Washington had failed to use the line - a vital incident-prevention tool - before targeting the plane near Raqa.

Comments