Cristiano Ronaldo summoned for July 31 tax hearing

Adjust Comment Print

Other clients of Mendes who have ended up in Spain include the Portuguese full-back Fabio Coentrao - on the verge of joining Sporting Lisbon on loan from Real Madrid - and Colombian striker Radamel Falcao, now with Monaco but formerly at Atletico Madrid.

A statement from the Attorney General's Office confirmed that the Madrid Prosecutor's Office had lodged the papers, relating to 2011 and 2012, with the municipal court. "To this date, neither the Spanish tax authorities, nor the public prosecutor have contacted Jose Mourinho or his advisers who were hired for the inspection process", a statement on the Gestifute website reads.

Portuguese-born Mourinho is accused of defrauding Spain of €3.3m (£2.9m; $3.6m) in taxes between 2011 and 2012.

The four-time World Player of the Year, who said last week his "conscience is clear", is threatening to leave Real Madrid over the affair.

"The Spanish government in turn, through the tax department, issued a certificate in which it attested that he regularised his position and was in compliance with all his tax obligations".

Barcelona star Lionel Messi was sentenced to a 21-month jail sentence and 2.09-million-euro fine a year ago for tax fraud.

Rio Ferdinand has admitted that like most Manchester United fans, he's hoping to see Cristiano Ronaldo return to the club amid rumours of a Real Madrid exit.

However, Real Madrid president, Florentino Perez, insists he is calm about the situation and any buyer would have to meet the superstar's whopping £880million buy-out clause.

Koepka wins first major after pulling away at US Open
As Harman began to fade, Koepka poured it on with birdies over the next three holes, lightly pumping his fist after each one. Ireland's Shane Lowry completed his week with a one-over-par round of 73, to finish on three-over for the tournament.

The reigning Ballon d'Or and Best FIFA Men's Player award victor is believed to feel singled out for disproportionate treatment by the prosecutors.

Ronaldo wants to quit the Spanish side after tax evasion allegations were levelled at him.

United have been strongly linked with a move for their former forward, but Perez is not thinking about the possibility of Real losing their talisman.

"I'm a Man United fan, and my kids love him, so I hope that he'll be back". "I have a good relationship with him after working together for eight years. Ronaldo is in a major tournament with his country and until that is over I can not talk to him". He has a contract with us so he's a Madrid player.

"Something very odd will have to happen for him to go".

Speaking at an event in Belfast, Ferdinand is quoted by the Manchester Evening News as saying "I hope" he comes back to United having left for a then world-record £80m in 2009.

Perez was careful to add: 'We all have to fulfill our tax responsibilities, ' but he said that Ronaldo had used the same network of companies that he had used in England and he had no problems there.

Solhekol tweeted: "Real Madrid president Perez says they have not received any offers for their players this summer".

Comments