London's Metropolitan Police said specialists recovered the body of an eighth victim, identified as 45-year-old French national Xavier Thomas, from the River Thames following the London Bridge attack.
In a separate investigation not linked to the London Bridge attacks, officers backed up by armed police arrested three men in east London on Thursday on suspicion of preparing for acts of terrorism.
An undated handout photo issued by the Metropolitan Police, London, and made available on Sunday June 11, 2017 of fake suicide belts worn by one of the London Bridge attackers in the attacks of Saturday June 3 which killed several people and wounded dozens more.
Police have arrested 17 so far in connection to the incident in London, but have released 12 of them without charge. The 21-year-old worked as a nanny in London and had previously been described as missing since Saturday night. The rampage was brought to an end when the trio were shot dead by armed police.
A third French citizen has died following Saturday's attack on London Bridge, President Emmanuel Macron said on Wednesday, taking the overall death toll to eight.
The Prime Minister told Sky News: "MI5 and the police have already said they would be reviewing how they dealt with Manchester and I would expect them to do exactly the same in relation to London Bridge".
United States congressman undergoes another operation after shooting
Jeff Duncan of SC said he had just left the practice and encountered the apparent gunman in the parking lot before the shooting. Congressman Garret Graves, who serves with Scalise on Capitol Hill, described the turn of events as "sobering and frustrating".
"He is thought to have been skateboarding in a park when he stopped to defend a woman who had been injured in the attack near Borough Market". I said "no". They asked me if I wanted them to stop him.
After his payment was declined, Butt and his two accomplices rented a smaller van that they used to plow into crowds before they leapt from the vehicle and went on a stabbing rampage in an attack that left eight people dead and almost 50 people injured.
An Italian prosecutor says Zaghba told authorities after being stopped previous year at Bologna's airport that he "wanted to be a terrorist", but then quickly corrected himself.
The distraught mother said her son called her two days before the attack, and that she later realised he was calling to say goodbye.
Boden's family say she was killed after running towards the attack to try to help victims who were laying injured on the pavement.
She said longtime Londoners value the worldwide nature of the British capital.




Comments