Qatar's foreign minister expressed desire for constructive relations with Iran after several Persian Gulf Arab countries and Egypt cut their diplomatic ties with Doha.
While there was little additional information on the Ultimatum and more importantly what happens should Qatar not comply, Al Jazeera reported that Kuwait's emir, Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah, left Saudi Arabia on Tuesday after holding mediation talks with the Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz to try to defuse an escalating crisis between Arab countries and Qatar.
Kuwait, which has retained ties with Qatar and has often acted as a mediator in regional disputes, said it wanted to resolve the dispute "within the unified Gulf house".
"Is this the beginning of wisdom and reasonable thinking?"
The incident triggered a diplomatic row between Qatar and its neighbors.
While President Donald Trump said Friday that he backed the movement to isolate Qatar over its funding of extremist groups, Tillerson has called on the Saudi-led coalition to ease the blockade.
"The firm understands the urgency of this matter and the need to communicate accurate information to both a broad constituency and certain domestic agencies and leaders", a contract between Qatar and Ashcroft's firm reads.
Saudi, Bahrain Welcome Trump's Scolding of Qatar
Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani was in Moscow today after talks in Germany yesterday. The State Department had said the US learned only at the last minute about the Arab nations' plan to cut ties.
"This is the biggest testimony to USA failure in the Gulf", the diplomat told Reuters, speaking on condition of anonymity. Qatar has denied the allegations.
Some 11,000 people from the three nations are believed to be in Qatar.
"Following the sanctions. on Qatar, IranAir has so far transported food and vegetables to this country by five flights", Iran Air spokesman Shahrokh Noushabadi said, adding that deliveries would continue as long as there is demand from Qatar.
Senior officials from the countries opposed to Qatar have warned it that appealing for foreign assistance will not advance a reconciliation.
Mohammed al-Sada said in a statement: "circumstances in the region shall not prevent the state of Qatar from honouring its worldwide commitment of cutting its oil production".
The NHRC said a hotline set up by Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Bahrain to helped mixed families was "too vague to have any practical impact" and was "void of a mechanism to be of assistance to those affected".





Comments