London Bridge attacker tried to rent larger truck to kill more people

Adjust Comment Print

"From what I'm seeing, there is nothing that suggests at the moment that we got that wrong", Haydon said, referring to Butt.

Mr Hyslop said they are working as quickly as they can to get the market re-opened, and it is hoped that will be this week.

They stabbed five people who had been enjoying the area's pubs and restaurants.

The Metropolitan Police said the men had rented a flat in Barking to use it as a safe house.

"It's an awesome place to be".

All of the 48 wounded people who were taken to hospitals survived.

Ash Siddique, secretary of the Al-Madina Mosque in Barking, east London, said there had been a number of incidents in which women coming to the mosque had been attacked, including one who was grabbed around the throat at a bus stop.

He added: "The best sign of defiance is coming out and living your lives".

They include donating to the trader support fund, visiting other markets across the capital where some traders also have stalls, buying goods from their websites and supporting the Red Cross Saturday Night for London campaign.

The aim of the attackers seems to have been to replicate the attack in Nice, the officer said. Speaking in quiet, measured tones, the 56-year-old points out that London has been hit by terrorist attacks throughout her life.

He said the country, and Londoners, have been through a lot down the years, adding: "We're a pretty hardy nation".

She said: "People will be thinking about what happened..." They drove off the bridge turned round and drove back, northbound up the bridge again.

"It's great. People are still dancing, still drinking".

Читайте также: Terror ringleader 'tried to hire 7.5 tonne lorry hours before London attack'

Sadiq Khan encouraged Londoners and visitors to demonstrate "how we pull together in the face of adversity" in the wake of the brutal killings on London Bridge and in Borough Market.

"I've dealt with things over the years - people stabbed or murdered and death - but it was the sheer scale of it all", he said.

Cole said that soon the situation "began to stabilize", with the attackers dead and the immediate threat contained. Five people died of stab wounds, and nearly 50 people were wounded in the attack.

He told the Press Association: "We have the resolve to continue, to do what we have to do". "We had no idea what was going on".

Reverend Alan Green, Rector of St John on Bethnal Green, said: "There is huge resilience here".

On the day of the London Bridge attack, the three men had initially tried to hire a 7.5 tonne (8.3 ton) truck, the head of London police's counter-terrorism unit said on Friday.

Ringleader Khuram Shazad Butt's efforts to hire the bigger truck failed when his payment was declined, the BBC reported.

All three terrorists in the London Bridge attack were killed by United Kingdom police responding to the scene. Commander Dean Haydon also revealed that the men had a stockpile of petrol bombs in the back of their van and carried out their deadly attack with pink ceramic knives.

Since then a crowded Manchester concert featuring the pop singer Ariana Grande was hit by a bomber and three knife-wielding men in a rented van attacked civilians in and around London Bridge.

Earlier, the security forces released 12 detainees without pressing charges against them.

Police said the three men - Butt, Rachid Redouane and Youssef Zaghba - had driven up and down London Bridge twice before carrying out the attack, in what appeared as a dry run. They were also wearing fake suicide belts - plastic water bottles wrapped in duct tape.

Three 12in knives with pink blades were recovered at the scene of the killings.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Comments