Manchester attack: Abedi bought most bomb parts himself, United Kingdom police say

Adjust Comment Print

The Manchester Evening News (MEN) is reporting the Manchester Central Mosque in Rusholme, close to Abedi's former neighbourhood of Fallowfield, is refusing to have any part in the interrment of the bomber's body.

"We have had police officers conducting house-to-house enquiries, but we are still not satisfied why Abedi went there and its vital we understand exactly where he went there and who he spoke to in these final days before the attack", Jackson added.

Manchester suicide bomber Salman Abedi likely purchased most of the key bomb components himself and many of his actions were carried out alone, British police investigating the attack said.

This runs counter to the impression given so far in the investigation, which has seen 16 arrests.

Salman Abedi, who was born in Britain to Libyan parents, is believed to have returned from a trip to Libya a few days before he carried out the attack.

The suicide attack at Manchester Arena killed 22 people and injured dozens of others.

Manchester police yesterday released three of the men arrested in connection with the May 22 terrorist attack at pop concert in the British city.

Читайте также: Sara Zelenak Confirmed As Dead In London Bridge Terror Attack

More than 1,000 officers have been a part of the investigation, which includes the examination of Adebi's movements on CCTV footage and past interactions he's had with people or calls he has made.

Police are appealing for information on sightings of Abedi with the blue suitcase between 18 and 22 May, releasing an image of him with the luggage taken from CCTV in Manchester city centre on the day of the attack.

Although detectives have no reason to believe the luggage contains anything unsafe, they warned the public not to approach it and instead call 999 immediately.

Meanwhile, about 600 stewards will be on duty at Sunday's Ariana Grande benefit concert, according to Greater Manchester's police chief, who said security on leaving music events and football matches would have to be reviewed.

He appeared on police logs in 2012 over offences of theft, receiving stolen goods and assault, Greater Manchester Police chief constable Ian Hopkins said.

Abedi had been reported to the counter-terror hotline and banned from a local mosque, but was not known to Prevent, the Government's voluntary counter-radicalisation scheme.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Comments