These terrorists were affiliated to Wahabi and Takfiri groups who joined Daesh terrorist group overseas and were red handed in the crimes of the terrorist group in Mosul of Iraq and Raqqah in Syria.
Iran denounced Donald Trump's reaction to deadly Islamic State group attacks in Tehran as "repugnant" on Thursday after the USA president warned the nation is reaping what it sows. Profile pictures of corpses and their names were released but their surnames have been kept a secret due to security and privacy concerns for their families.
The ministry did not identify the men's hometowns, nor say how they were able to evade authorities.
Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said the attacks will add to the hatred that Iranians harbor toward the USA and Saudi Arabia.
"Last year, they returned to Iran.to carry out terrorist attacks in the holy cities of Iran", the statement carried by the state news agency said.
The U.S. offered its thoughts and prayers to the Iranian people following the attacks, State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said.
Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif hit back early Thursday at a White House statement reacting to the shooting.
Meanwhile, Iran police chief General Hossein Ashtari said several people with connections to the attackers were arrested around the capital area.
Donald Tusk warns Theresa May there is 'no time to lose'
But her decision to call the general election has backfired, and it is not even certain she will remain at the helm. Mrs May left no doubt when it came to clarifying the way she expected United Kingdom to leave the single market.
ISIS claimed the attacks on Wednesday, also publishing a video that it claimed was from the parliament building.
It is thought that the attackers may come from Sistan and Balochistan Province in south-east Iran, near the Afghan and Pakistani borders, where members of the Sunni militant group Jundullah are fighting the Revolutionary Guard.
Two terrorist attacks on the late Imam Khomeini's Mausoleum and Iran's Majlis (Parliament) left 17 dead and 52 wounded.
"Death to America", "Death to the Saud" ruling family, and "We are not afraid", shouted the crowd gathered behind a lorry bearing the coffins of 15 of the 17 people killed in Wednesday's attacks. One of the men speaks in the Sorani dialect common among Kurds in northeastern Iraq and northwestern Iran.
In his post, Zarif also hinted at the lack of democracy in Saudi Arabia, saying the Al Saud's hatred towards this system of government has been the main reason they encouraged their mercenaries to attack the Iranian Parliament, which is among the country's most obvious symbols of democracy.
He called the U.S. the "international" version of the Islamic State group and said Washington had exchanged democracy for money, a reference to a recent huge arms deal between the USA and Saudi Arabia.
IS has threatened to step up recruitment within Iran, releasing its first Persian-language video in March in which it threatened to "conquer Iran and restore it to the Sunni Muslim nation as it was before". The report called the detainees "elements of the Wahhabi IS group", and said they were involved in operations, communication and logistics for the local Islamic State cell. Saudi Arabia has said it was not involved.




Comments