Gareon Conley, Projected First-Round Pick, Accused Of Rape

Adjust Comment Print

In the early morning hours of Sunday, April 9, police responded to the Westin Hotel in downtown Cleveland and what scanner traffic described as a 23-year-old woman who was the "victim of a sexual assault".

According to TMZ, Conley's attorney vehemently denied the allegations against Conley, saying they're "ludicrous and ridiculous".

According to 92.3 the Fan in Cleveland, the alleged victim was taken to Metro Hospital where rape kit evidence was taken, but police were unsuccessful in their attempts to interview the woman.

Cops are investigating but so far no arrests have been made and no charges have been filed. Conley has denied the accusations but police are now investigating the situation.

Macron favourite for presidency in run-off with Marine Le Pen
Opinion polls suggest Macron is firm favourite to win the second round but Marine Le Pen said: "We can win, we will win". This is at least the perspective of punters as reported by Oddschecker which has seen a jump in bets for a Le Pen win.

Two of Conley's friends who were also at the hotel told police Conley had no physical contact with the accuser, and they insist the woman was just angry she had been told to leave the room.

Conley's attorney, who said the cornerback would take questions from police after the National Football League draft, denied the allegations.

Update, 1:16 p.m.: TMZ has obtained the police report.

Conley said the allegations are not true and do not fit his character. "I actually reached out to them before they even asked us". A spokeswoman with the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office told NFL.com that the police have not turned over any information related to the investigation. He then kicked her out of the room several minutes later, according to the report. Collins was never charged but still lost millions in salary because of the timing of the news. The other man, who said he was sitting in the room during the entire incident, said Conley and the woman were on the bed together but "nothing happened", per the report. Miami Dolphins OT Laremy Tunsil was considered a top pick in last year's draft, only to tumble to 13th because a video of him smoking from a gas-mask bong was leaked the night of the draft.

Comments