On Saturday evening, according to CNN, "a blast" struck a convoy of buses filled with at least 5,000 people leaving their towns to escape their pro-regime Shia villages for regime-held zones of Aleppo. The channel said the vehicle used in the bombing was carrying food aid but the rebels said the auto had been parked in the area and abandoned.
The death toll in a massive auto bomb attack on a convoy carrying evacuees from besieged government-held towns in Syria has risen to at least 126, including at least 68 children, with hundreds more wounded, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group said yesterday.
All four have been under siege for years, their fate linked through a series of reciprocal agreements that the United Nations says have hindered aid deliveries.
The reasons for the delay were not immediately clear.
The evacuees from Madaya were expected to head to rebel-held Idlib, west of Aleppo. The news service said the two were evacuated adding that their condition was "satisfactory".
At least 126 people in total were killed in the attack, according to the Britain-based monitor, the Syrian Observatory For Human Rights.
The evacuation was continued soon after the attack, for which no one has yet claimed responsibility.
Trump family hosts 1st White House Easter Egg Roll
She looked fitting as a US First Lady with her Spring ensemble outfit, making it one of a kind in the White House scene. Ivanka had, in fact, posted holiday greetings the day before on her Twitter account. "It was Donald's .
Lake urged not only for regret, but for action to ensure that the war ends soon, saying, "We must draw from this not only anger, but renewed determination to reach all the innocent children throughout Syria with help and comfort".
About 3,000 people are set for evacuation Sunday from four besieged towns in northern Syria as part of a transfer deal that was halted for about 24 hours by a deadly blast that killed and wounded many.
Residents of Madaya and Zabadani, formerly summer resorts, joined the 2011 uprising against President Bashar al-Assad. The attack came at the same time as the Syrian government was carrying out the internationally-brokered evacuation of two towns. Residents of Foua and Kfraya, besieged by the rebels, have lived under a steady hail of rockets and mortars for years, but were supplied with food and medicine through military airdrops.
The evacuation has moved the country closer to a division of its national population along loyalty and sect lines.
"We deplore any act that sustains and empowers extremists on all sides including today's attacks, as well as forced migration, increased displacement, and all forms of violence directed against civilians in Syria", Mark Toner, spokesperson for the U.S. State Department, said in a statement.
"Iraq also calls on the worldwide community to make this terrible crime, which has claimed the lives of dozens of children, women and the elderly, enough reason to show seriousness in solving the Syrian crisis peacefully and away from the pursuit of some countries to achieve their political interests", the ministry said in a statement.
Share with Us - We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article, and smart, constructive criticism.




Comments