Portugal's Sobral wins 2017 Eurovision Song Contest
Portugal has won the 2017 Eurovision song contest with 27-year-old, Salvador Sobral's rendition of Amar Pelos Dois or Love for both. Eurovision has a major following, and it has helped to boost the careers of many performers - including Sweden's ABBA which won in 1974 with the song "Waterloo".
Life&Culture - All News
-
Pirates of the Carribbean: Salazar's Revenge
Meanwhile, the menacing Armando Salazar ( Javier Bardem ) is baying for Jack's blood, after the pirate's actions got him and his crew trapped in a state of being undead and cursed to never be able to set foot on land. The film, which is made on a budget of around $60 million, will have to show good growth over the five-day weekend to earn a decent amount. Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg directed Walt Disney Studios' blockbuster, which Jerry Bruckheimer produced.
-
Luke Skywalker will be 'very different' in The Last Jedi
It opens in theaters and IMAX on December 15. Another new character is named Paige, the sister of Rose Tico (Kelly Marie Tran). As the producer explained it, after watching her co-stars Harrison Ford and Mark Hammil get to be "front and center" in " Episode VII " and " Episode VIII ", respectively, Fisher saw " Episode IX " as her turn.
-
UK interior minister says terror threat remains at highest level
The latest arrests took place early on Saturday with police detaining two men, aged 20 and 22, in north Manchester . I have just chaired a meeting of Cobra [Cabinet Office Briefing Rooms] this morning, where I have been updated by the police and the security services on the investigation into Monday's bad attack in Manchester.
-
Ringling Bros. wraps final shows in 146-year history at Nassau Coliseum
Ringling Brothers has its origins in the 19th century with showman P.T. Barnum. Ringling had been targeted by organizations like PETA who consider forcing animals, such as elephants, to perform cruel. His parents met at the Ringling circus in 1954 and said the show inspired generations of performers. A heightened sense of emotion, both in the crowd and on stage, characterized Ringling's last-ever performance of "Out of This World", which used a space-themed storyline to tie together ...
-
CCTV images of Manchester bomber on night of attack released
Fearing that another attack could be imminent, the United Kingdom government announced on Tuesday that it had raised the country's terror alert to the highest "critical" threat level. Abedi assembled the bomb before walking to the arena, which is only a short distance away. The SDF, which is nominally under the control of the Ministry of Interior in Libya's western capital, said in a statement that Hashem Abedi knew details of the bombing prior to the attack and allegedly confessed to ...
-
Gregg Allman On World Cafe
Gregg Allman , founding member of the Allman Brothers Band , has died at the age of 69. He wrote several of them - It's Not My Cross to Bear , Midnight Rider, Ain't Wastin' Time No More and Melissa - while others were renditions of old blues songs, including One Way Out and Statesboro Blues.
-
Harvard dropout Facebook CEO gets degree after 13 years
He's been saying he wants to make the world more open and connected for more than a decade now, and he doesn't relent. But the CEO primarily focused on the need for graduates to bring a sense of objective to their lives and the lives of others.
-
Sandy Kenyon review: 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales'
Depp is clearly all out of tricks as the drunk and dastardly Sparrow. When asked by Digital Spy if Pirates of the Caribbean 6 and beyond would continue without the star or if he would be recast, he said: "I just don't see it". Not necessarily. Just like any other distributor in Hollywood , Disney enjoys making money, and that's the only reason why we're going to keep seeing these high-seas adventures come to life, one sequel after another.
-
Manchester bomber has 'significant' link to British Isis recruiter
Police scrambled to close down a network around the Manchester suicide bomber with arrests in Britain and Tripoli on Wednesday, as details about the investigation were leaked to USA media, infuriating authorities who fear a second attack is imminent.
-
UK police make 9th arrest over Manchester terror attack, election campaigning resumes
In a statement issued by the White House, as Trump joined May at a meeting of North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies, he said: "There is no relationship we cherish more than the special relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom".
-
Manchester bomber photos released as marathon runners defy terror threat
A British official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said police in Manchester will stop sharing information about the investigation with the US until they get a guarantee that there will be no more leaks to the media. "If you leak information concerning an ongoing investigation, certainly in the hours after the event, this is something that could be damageable for the ongoing investigation", said a former Belgian intelligence chief, who also requested anonymity and expressed bemusement ...



