Millions trapped in Idlib prepare for worst
There is "lots of evidence" that chemical weapons are being prepared by Syrian government forces in Idlib in northwest Syria, the new U.S. adviser for Syria said on Thursday, as he warned of the risks of an offensive on the country's last big rebel enclave.
Global News - All News
-
Fate of Syria's Idlib in balance at Tehran summit
A member of the Syrian Civil Defense, also known as the "White Helmets", walking through the wreckage of their center, which was destroyed Thursday by government forces in the town of al-Tamana in rebel-held Idlib province. Russian Federation has suggested the rebels could use chemical weapons in a final battle for the rebel stronghold. It has carried out intense negotiations for weeks with Russian Federation.
-
Typhoon kills at least 9 in Japan
From the flooded airport began to transport by water is about 3 thousand passengers, who are stuck here because of the element. A further 53 issued non-compulsory evacuation orders. "This is (the strongest) since 1993". Popular Osaka amusement park Universal Studios Japan also remained closed Wednesday - the first time it's been closed for two consecutive days since it opened in March 2001 - as the park operator worked to fix damaged caused by the storm.
-
As fighter jets streak overhead, McCain is buried in Annapolis
So much of today's politics, "our public discourse, can seem small and mean and petty, trafficking in bombast and insult", he added. "It's a politics that pretends to be courageous and tough, but in fact is born in fear". "We gather here to mourn the passing of American greatness". Few Americans who lived through the 1980s can forget President Ronald Reagan's moving speech after the space shuttle Challenger exploded in 1986.
-
British Airways probes massive customer data theft
The stolen data comprised customer names, postal addresses, email addresses and credit card information. Cruz said the carrier was "deeply sorry" for the disruption caused by the sophisticated crime, which was unprecedented in the more than 20 years that BA had operated online.
-
Elon Musk facing lawsuit over tweet about British cave diver
They have been going out for seven years and live together in a home near Chiang Rai in Thailand . In Bangkok , deputy government spokesman Weerachon Sukhondhapatipak, who has been organizing numerous events with the boys, responded with concern to Musk's comments highlighting Thailand as a destination for sex tourists.
-
Mueller Might Accept Some Written Answers From Trump In Russia Probe
Reached by ABC News, the Trump legal team declined to comment. Attorneys sent a response letter Wednesday after Mueller's team notified the president's lawyers they were open to limiting questions to Russian Federation and possible collusion with the Trump campaign.
-
Japan quake death toll reaches 9, expected to rise
About 33 people were missing and 300 were injured, public broadcaster NHK said. The number missing had earlier been put at 19. Government spokesman Yoshihide Suga added: "I urge people in areas shaken by strong quakes to stay calm, pay attention to evacuation information.
-
Researchers hope famed skull survived Brazil museum fire
Did you take a photo of any of them? Firefighters combing the ruins Tuesday found some bones and fragments of a skull, renewing hopes that the museum's main item, a 12,000-year-old skeleton known as " Luzia ", may have survived, according to The Guardian.
-
Afghan Taliban announces death of Haqqani network leader
Admiral Mike Mullen in 2011 as a "veritable arm" of Pakistani intelligence that has provided safe havens for militant groups fighting foreign and Afghan forces in Afghanistan . They also held United States soldier Bowe Bergdahl, who was released in 2014 in exchange for five Afghan Guantanamo Bay detainees. Haqqani founded the network in the 1970s as part of an anti-Soviet jihad .
-
Koreas' Kim and Moon to meet again as Trump nuclear agenda sidelined
Moon's National Security Advisor and the head of the South Korean delegation to Pyongyang, told reporters on Seoul on Thursday. "Chairman Kim. expressed frustration over the doubt shown by some parts of the global society about his will", Chung said.
-
Bridge collapse kills at least 1, injures several in Kolkata, India
As per a Hindustan Times report, West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee confirmed the death and expressed concern about those who were still trapped underneath the rubble. The bridge collapse hit traffic movement to and from vast areas in south-west Kolkata and adjacent South 24 Parganas district during the peak evening hours.







