Malaysia in deal with U.S. firm to restart MH370 search
Australian Transport Minister Darren Chester said on Friday that a deal had been reached between Malaysia and Ocean Infinity, but the Malaysian government later clarified in a statement that it was still in talks. "Malaysia's decision to proceed with the search shows the commitment to find MH370", the statement said. "While I am hopeful of a successful search, I'm conscious of not raising hopes for the loved ones of those on board".
Global News - All News
-
John Kelly: Presidents Don't Always Call Gold Star Families
He knew what he was getting into by joining the Marines, that 1 percent. "It stuns me. I thought at least that was sacred". And when he died, the four cases in Niger and my son's case in Afghanistan, he died surrounding by the best men on this earth, his friends.
-
Tillerson Pushes Closer US Ties With India, Calls Out China
The Secretary of State also slammed China for violating maritime laws in the South China Sea. "We will not be able to compete with the kind of terms that China offers, but countries have to decide what are they willing to pay to secure their sovereignty and their future control of their economies and we've had those discussions with them as well", he said.
-
Quebec bars people in face coverings from receiving public services
The law on religious neutrality stipulates that people working in or using public services, or on public transport, must not have their faces covered, for purposes of "security, identification and communication". Ali Hogben, executive director of the Canadian Council for Muslim Women, said she was dismayed to see such a political move at a time when Canada is striving to be a role model in respecting human rights.
-
Federal Bureau of Investigation launches probe into the Guptas
The US investigation is reported to draw on information from masses of emails leaked from within the Gupta corporate empire earlier this year, now commonly known as the Gupta Leaks . Activist Peter Hain has enlisted the help of UK Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond to track down about R7bn in money thought to have been laundered through the Guptas' networks, and ensure it is returned to SA's Treasury.
-
Canada: NAFTA's Proposed Changes 'Troubling'
The looser treatment of foreign-exchange issues may frustrate those who have called for tougher language on currencies in trade deals, including USA automakers and some American lawmakers. Wrapping up the fourth round of talks on the North American Free Trade Agreement, the US proposed a dismantling of Canada's dairy supply management system.
-
Trump's Anti-Iran Rhetoric Isolates US, Not Iran: Commander
Reacting to President Trump's decertification of the nuclear deal and threats to walk away from it, Ayatollah Khamenei stressed that "if United States rips up the deal, Iran will tear it into shreds". "If they ask questions like, 'Why Iran is active in the region?', well, it is none of their business", he said. "While the USA government continuously is acting against the Iranian nation with imposing new sanctions and creating economic difficulties, against Iraqis and Syrians with growing ...
-
Sen. Judiciary Committee Launches Probe In Russia Corruption Surrounding Uranium Deal
This is contradicted by court documents showing evidence of corruption going back to 2009. In October 2010, the State Department and the Committee on Foreign Investment (which Hillary Clinton served on) approved the partial sale of Uranium One, a Canadian mining company, to Russian nuclear company Rosatom, which resulted in Moscow controlling more than 20 percent of America's uranium supply.
-
New images highlight destruction of Rohingya villages in Myanmar
According to the United Nations, some 537,000 Rohingya refugees have arrived in Bangladesh since violence erupted in August. The government of Myanmar (also called Burma) has claimed that insurgents and the Rohingya themselves have been responsible for the fires - but has offered no evidence to support the claims.
-
Three policemen among six killed in Quetta blast
Earlier in June, 14 people - including seven policemen - lost their lives in a suicide blast that shook Shuhada Chowk in Quetta's Gulistan Road area. "These cowardly attacks will not hinder our security forces in executing their duties", he added. The roadside bombing that killed two members of Pakistani paramilitary forces struck near a security post close to the North Waziristan tribal region, two intelligence officials told The Associated Press.
-
Kenyan election official flees country ahead of presidential poll
This comes after Akombe resigned from the electoral commission on Wednesday morning saying that the commission, as now constituted, can not guarantee a credible election on October 26. She said that it has become increasingly hard to continue attending plenary meetings where commissioners come ready to vote along partisan lines and not to discuss the merit of issues before them.
-
Dead, 2 Hurt In Shooting At Baltimore
Shock Trauma, a hospital in Baltimore, said two victims are critical . The suspect, a 37-year-old man named Radee Labeeb Prince, is still at large and was last seen fleeing the scene in a black 2000 GMC Acadia with DE license plates PC064273.







