HBO Announces 'Game of Thrones' Prequel Series About Ancestors of Daenerys Targaryen

Adjust Comment Print

The new series will be executive produced by Martin, Ryan Condal and Miguel Sapochnik, who directed "Game of Thrones" episodes including Emmy-winning "Battle of the Bastards".

Now, Variety says another prequel based on the Game of Thrones companion book Fire & Blood has copped a straight-to-series order at HBO.

Fire & Blood explores the history of House Targaryen, whose coat of arms features the three-headed dragon.

Goldman's prequel series had filmed a pilot over the summer, but HBO has reportedly chose to not move forward.

The announcement comes hours after HBO reportedly killed another prequel set to star Naomi Watts.

Are you disappointed that the Naomi Watts Game of Thrones pilot has been axed?

HBO has clearly switched its preference to the telling of a more recent backstory.

Britain set to head to the polls on December 12
The vote will be held on December 12 and it will be the third time the country has gone to the polls in four and-a-half-years. Britons are set to return to the polls for an early election on December 12, after a vote in the House of Commons.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the prequel series has been given 10 episodes for the first season. He previously created the United States of America sci-fi series Colony, which ran for three seasons.

The release date of the Game of Thrones spin-off, House of Dragon, has not been announced.

The news come just after planned prequel Bloodmoon, set 5000 years before Game of Thrones, was scrapped by TV bosses.

A prequel series to the hit fantasy TV show Game of Thrones has been ditched by cable channel HBO, according to United States media reports.

Author George R.R. Martin, whose Song of Ice and Fire books were adapted into the first HBO series, had dubbed the series The Long Night, but admitted in blog posts that the network hadn't made that title official.

Earlier today we reported that the prequel series that was based on Game of Thrones written by Jane Goldman and George R.R. Martin, starring Naomi Watts would not be moving forward. "We look forward to exploring the origins of House Targaryen and the earlier days of Westeros along with Miguel, Ryan and George", said Bloys. The show's pilot was filmed in Northern Ireland amid much fanfare but seems like the pilot has not pleased HBO.

Comments