Israeli authorities angered Muslims all over the world by installing metal detectors at the entrance to Al-Aqsa Mosque compound. According to the Red Crescent, 56 people were injured as a result. Israel removed the security devices on Thursday.
In this regard, the Minister referred to the decisions of the Unesco and the Human Rights Council, which have repeatedly stressed that the city of East Jerusalem is an occupied city and an integral part of the Palestinian territories occupied in 1967, and that Al Aqsa Mosque is a holy place for Muslims only.
Raed Saleh, a resident of occupied East Jerusalem, said that this was a victory for Palestinians.
On several occasions, including most recently in a July 24, 2017 Algemeiner Op-Ed, CAMERA has pointed out how many in the media, including The Post, have failed to inform readers about the al-Aqsa libel despite its ongoing relevance ("The Washington Post Passes on Palestinian Incitement").
Muslim authorities at the holy compound have been conducting an inspection in and around the site to ensure there were no other changes or damage.
The Waqf says the situation at the compound - known as Temple Mount to Jews and Noble Sanctuary to Muslims - has returned to what it was before a deadly Arab attack there earlier this month. The network's reporter claimed that Israeli officers attacked the non-violent Palestinian protesters near the Temple Mount.
Since the latest wave of violence erupted in 2015, Palestinians have killed 48 Israelis, two visiting Americans and a British tourist in stabbings, shootings and car-ramming attacks against civilians and soldiers.
Jordan, the custodian of Jerusalem's Muslim holy sites, welcomed the removal of the security measures but said Israel should not provoke Palestinians there.

Turkey Journalists Go on Trial Burak Kara Getty Images
"It is a cowardly act", Amjad Hassoun, a young man from Jerusalem, said of the age restriction. Police removed them after they refused to leave, he said.
"The efforts of King Salman, with his honest determination and caliber, have been successful over the past few days through his contacts with a number of world leaders to re-open the Al-Aqsa Mosque and remove the restrictions imposed on Muslims from entering the holy mosque", the minister said in a press statement.
Amnesty International said Israeli security forces fired "stun grenades, tear gas and sponge-tipped bullets into a peaceful crowd" at an entrance to the compound.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu responded by saying, "Erdogan is the last person who can preach to Israel", citing Turkey's occupation of northern Cyprus and its history with the Kurds.
It was seized by Israel in the 1967 Six-Day War and later annexed in a move never recognised by the global community.
A Palestinian also broke into a home in a Jewish settlement in the West Bank and stabbed four Israelis on July 21, killing three of them.
In 2000, a visit to the compound by then Israeli opposition leader Ariel Sharon helped ignite the second Palestinian intifada, or uprising.
White House divisions on display with Scaramucci's comments
Asked on Fox Business Network whether Priebus is in trouble, Conway replied: "You'd have to ask the president that". WASHINGTON White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus may have little left of his job but his title.



Comments