Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says the club are not considering selling Cristiano Ronaldo, but admits he has not spoken to the player since Real's Champions League final victory over Juventus earlier this month.
Ronaldo has also been linked with a move to the wealthy French Ligue 1 club Paris Saint Germain, but Perez insisted that there had been no approaches from clubs.
Prosecutors in Madrid recently filed a complaint to a court in Pozuelo de Alarcon that accused the four-time Ballon d'Or victor of a "voluntary" and "conscious" breach of his tax obligations, claiming the 32-year-old created a "business structure" in 2010 to hide earnings from image rights between 2011 and 2014, thus defrauding the Spanish tax authorities out of €14.7million.
Manchester United have reservations about trying to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to Old Trafford this summer, Sky Sports understands.
The 32-year-old was named man of the match but did not attend the post-match press conference as required, perhaps wary of the questions that would follow.
United States aircraft downs pro-Syrian regime drone southeast Syria
The growing tensions come as the coalition supports the Kurdish-Arab Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) fighting to take Raqa from IS. According to U.S. officials, the Russian Su-27 was flying at an unsafe and unprofessional distance when it buzzed the U.S.
"Two years ago we had the disaster of the late fax, they (United) sent it two minutes late and that was it", Perez said in an interview with Spanish daily Marca on Tuesday, the day after earning a third consecutive mandate with Real. We have to win, because if we win the next game we will be one step away from qualifying.
Madrid's state prosecutor has alleged Ronaldo used an offshore company to hide a portion of his income from the tax office.
Perez's first task after being reelected unopposed as Real Madrid president on Monday will be to appease Ronaldo amid speculation the four-time world player of the year wants to leave. I have a good relationship with him after working together for eight years.
The speculated transfer figure would be more than twice the record 94 million euros Real paid Manchester United for Ronaldo in 2009. "When the Confederations Cup finishes [on July 2], we will deal with the issue".
Perez, though, has insisted that the club are "relaxed" about the situation and have no intention of letting Ronaldo go. "No one had told us anything and we are delighted with him". He always told me he is at ease in Real Madrid. Right now he is a Madrid player. "And I'm not contemplating that, especially without speaking with him".




Comments