Megyn Kelly responds to backlash over Alex Jones interview

Adjust Comment Print

The foundation, a gun violence prevention group, made the announcement late Monday, saying the organization can not support anyone who gives Jones a prominent platform, the Washington Post reported. Hockley also said that she hoped Kelly and the network would "reconsider and not broadcast this interview". Critics argue that NBC's platform legitimizes the views of a man who, among other conspiracy theories, has suggested that the killing of 26 people at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, in 2012 was a hoax.

The families say Kelly's interview with Alex Jones, which will air Sunday night, disrespects their loss and legitimizes an extremist.

Kelly said she was "disappointed" that she would not be hosting the gala - but insisted it would not change her decision to broadcast the interview with Jones.

JPMorgan Chase & Company has chose to remove its TV and digital ads from all NBC programming until after the Jones interview airs on Sunday, The Wall Street Journal first reported last night.

Megyn Kelly, the host of NBC's "Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly", was slammed for interviewing InfoWars' host Alex Jones during her upcoming show.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 launch reportedly slated for August
It is worth mentioning that August 20th is a Sunday, while past Samsung events took place on a Tuesday or Thursday. Now, Samsung is expected to join the bandwagon, and you may not have to wait for the Galaxy Note 8 for that.

Kelly issued a response about the event in a Facebook post, saying Jones' theory about Sandy Hook is "revolting".

Kelly's interview with Jones airs Sunday at 7 p.m. E.T. on NBC.

The interview comes in the wake of a guilty plea last week of a Florida woman who threatened a father of one Sandy Hook victim. He argues NBC should cancel the segment because it is a "rigged" report that misrepresents his views. I would submit to you that neither I nor NBC News has elevated Alex Jones in any way. President Trump, by praising and citing him, appearing on his show, and giving him White House press credentials, has helped elevate Jones, to the alarm of many.

During an interview with CNN Money, executive producer Liz Cole admitted he's a controversial figure but echoed Kelly's sentiments and said, "as journalists it's our job to interview newsmakers and people of influence no matter how abhorrent their views may be". Jones quickly tried to deflect the question by criticizing mainstream USA media, to which Kelly responded, "That's a dodge". The program launched earlier this month with an interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"How would you feel if someone shot your kids, some fool said it wasn't true - and I gave him a show?"

Comments