Afghan soldier attacks foreign troops at base

Adjust Comment Print

At least three USA soldiers were injured after an Afghan soldier allegedly opened fire on U.S. troops Saturday in Dehdadi district in Balkh province.

Initial reports indicated that the USA soldiers were killed but Resolute Support confirmed there were no U.S. or North Atlantic Treaty Organisation casualties.

"One Afghan soldier was killed and one was wounded in the incident".

Unconfirmed reports earlier indicated at least four United States soldiers were killed and as many were wounded in the attack. A spokeswoman for the German forces at the joint missions command in Potsdam said "according to what we know right now, no Germans were affected".

Bale enjoys 'dream' Madrid win in Cardiff
Leonardo Bonucci's deep ball was brought down by Alex Sandro, who cut it back to Higuain in the penalty area. After a positive start it turned into a hugely frustrating night for Juventus and their coach Max Allegri .

We've got more newsletters we think you'll find interesting. "Initial information shows three U.S. soldiers visiting the base were wounded", ministry spokesman Mohammad Radmanish said.

Last week three US soldiers were killed by an Afghan soldier in eastern Nangarhar province.

It comes as the United States is expected to send more troops into the lengthy conflict at a time when the Taliban are ramping up their campaign against the Western-backed government.

Comments