Commander Stuart Cundy of the Metropolitan police said the absolute priority was retrieving bodies and identifying the dead, as part of an ongoing investigation carried out with the fire service.
Meanwhile, Cundy said police had started a criminal investigation but there was nothing to suggest "that the fire had been started deliberately".
"There is still a number of people who are receiving treatment in hospital". Authorities have not issued an exact figure at this time.Twenty-four people are being treated in the hospital, including 12 in critical care.
As the protesters sought to gain entry to an upper floor, police tried to bar their way.
The area surrounding the council-owned tower has been plastered by desperate relatives with pictures of the missing, from grandparents to young children, and large numbers of volunteers were assisting survivors.
May pledged to hold a public inquiry into a fire that killed at least 17 people when it engulfed a 24-storey social housing block in West London, expressing her sorrow in a televised statement after meeting with the emergency services.
The focus for investigators is external cladding, which appeared to act as an accelerant for the flames that swept up the newly refurbished 1970s tower. "Sadly, we do not expect there to be any survivors". Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn came to the site Thursday and met with residents.
Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London Thursday called for an interim report into the Grenfell Tower fire to be published within weeks, saying: "There are questions that demand answers".
Police launch criminal probe into Grenfell Tower fire
More than 70 people were believed to be unaccounted for since the blaze, according to the Press Association. Grenfell tenants had complained for years about unsafe conditions in the building, including faulty wiring.
British Prime Minister Theresa May on Friday promised that the government would make £5 million available for victims of the Grenfell Tower fire, the Guardian reported. "What are you going to do about it?" Firefighters guided residents out via a fire escape.
"Mohammed undertook a unsafe journey to flee war and death in Syria, only to meet it here in the United Kingdom, in his own home", the Syrian Solidarity Campaign said in a statement. Some of those who had heeded official advice from the tower block's management to "stay put" and await rescue perished in the fire.
Building and Construction Minister Nick Smith says he is reasonably confident New Zealand's building regulatory system is appropriately safe from fire risks. Some observers asked whether hazards in the Grenfell complex, which had 120 apartments that housed as many as 600 people, were ignored because its residents are mainly poor.
The paper also said that the last full assessment of fire risks for the building was in December 2015, before the refurbishment was completed previous year.
Planning documents detailing the recent refurbishment of the block did not refer to a type of fire barrier that safety experts said must be used when high-rise blocks are re-clad.
"That's one of the most awful things I have ever seen", Prince William said of the tower's blackened shell.
"We need to know what commitment the council is taking to ensure this tragedy is not repeated", he said.





Comments