A police officer stands guard as vehicles drive in front of Iran's. Khomeini led the 1979 Islamic Revolution that toppled the Western-backed shah to become Iran's first supreme leader until his death in 1989.
Alavi added that there was a second safe house used by the five gunmen who attacked the parliament in the center of the capital and the shrine of Ayatollah Khomeini, southern Tehran.
"We still can not judge that Saudi Arabia has had a role in this terrorist incident", he added. Iranian news agencies shared graphic pictures of the corpses of the attackers and their first names. But no proof or specifics were offered.
The statement contradicts claims by Iran's elite Republican Guard that Saudi Arabia was responsible for the attacks.
Egypt's Foreign Ministry offered its condolences to the families of the deceased on Thursday and called on the global community to intensify its efforts to fight terrorism and its sources of funding. Two of the victims were women, it added, citing official figures. He did not elaborate.
Mahmoud Alavi said that they have been able to locate and arrest 42 or 43 of the people in the group responsible for the attacks in Tehran that killed 17 people. Over 40 people were wounded in the attack.
Iran says the attackers, who were all killed, had fought for the IS group in Syria and neighboring Iraq.
The Islamic Republic of Iran has suffered a ugly terrorist attack on its soil, which killed 17 and injured many more.
Truth-teller Trump: Comey lied
Trump cited that, as his outside lawyer has as well, as evidence that there was no collusion or obstruction in his administration. Trump's presidency has been all about playing to his base so far, and his base, in this instance, is returning the favour.
Iran is one of the world powers engaged in the ground war against Isis, funding troops and firepower in order to assist the government of Bashar al-Assad in Syria and Shia militias in the Iraqi coalition battle for Mosul.
During the procession through parliament, the heads of Iran's executive, legislative and judiciary branches all paid their respects, including President Hassan Rouhani, Larijani and the head of the judiciary, Sadeq Larijani Amoli.
It described them as "long affiliated with the Wahhabi", an ultraconservative form of Sunni Islam practiced in Saudi Arabia.
Iran blamed the Wednesday attacks on Saudi Arabia, though no link has been established.
Last August, the government announced it had executed a number of Kurdish Islamic extremists from a group known as Towhid and Jihad after convicting them of armed robbery, killing civilians and planning bomb attacks.
The comments sparked anger from Iranians on social media, who recalled the vigils in Tehran that followed the September 11 attacks.
Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) terrorist group claimed responsibility for the deadly operation and threatened more attacks against Iran's Shiite majority, triggering a massive manhunt for IS followers by Tehran. IS released a video overnight of the five attackers before the assault, via its Amaq propaganda agency. "We underscore that states that sponsor terrorism risk falling victim to the evil they promote", the White House statement declared.





Comments