People have been urged to show the world their "resilience, unity and defiance" a week on from the London Bridge terror attack by enjoying their Saturday night in the capital.
The three men drove the van into central London last Saturday night, running down pedestrians on the pavement of the bridge, three of who died.
"We're not looking for a wider network", said the head of London's Counter Terrorism Command, adding that officers were still trying to piece together how the three men had met.
Three French, two Australians, one Canadian, a Spanish and a Briton were killed in the attack.
The photos were released a day after police revealed that the attackers had tried to hire a 7.5 tonne lorry to run people over on London Bridge during the 3 June attack.
"In terms of our witnesses that we've spoken to so far, out of the 300 odd people, there are about 20 different countries of origin". This was the safe house where the attack was planned, police said.
"London is an incredibly resilient city", she said.
A Foreign Ministry spokesman, speaking anonymously in line with official policy, said Saturday that Echeverria's family shared the information with the ministry after the autopsy was performed on Friday. It also emerged that multiple petrol bombs were found in the van used, while a copy of the Koran opened at a page "describing martyrdom" was discovered in the east London bolthole where the men plotted the attack.
British PM Theresa May's top aides quit after election disaster
She said: "It's been a pleasure to serve in government, and a pleasure to work with such an excellent prime minister". Timothy said he accepted responsibility for his role in the Tory manifesto, criticised by many MPs.
Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Cressida Dick speaks during an interview with The Associated Press at New Scotland Yard, in London Saturday, June 10, 2017.
British police have arrested two more suspects over the London Bridge attack, after revealing that the carnage could have been worse had the attackers succeeded in their goal of renting a truck, rather than a van, to mow down pedestrians.
Earlier on Saturday police said a 27-year-old man had been arrested in connection with the attack during a raid in Ilford, east London.
On the morning of the attack, Butt, who Commander Haydon said was believed to be the ringleader, tried to rent a 7.5 tonne truck but did not provide payment details.
Butt rented a white Renault van in the evening instead, using a recently activated mobile phone.
Commander Haydon said "it's feasible when you look at their actions, they were still fairly close to the van, there is a possibility they could have come back to the van".
Reports in the local media in the United Kingdom citing police reports indicate that the London Bridge terrorists tried hiring a huge 7.5-tonne truck to cause more damage and death. Speaking in quiet, measured tones, the 56-year-old points out that London has been hit by terrorist attacks throughout her life. Still, the terrorists managed to murder eight innocent people and injure many others. The intended truck was smaller but similar to the one used in the Nice attack previous year that killed 86 people and injured hundreds in the resort town in the south of France. It was the third such deadly attack in Britain in three months.





Comments