The consulate general of Iran expressed his dissatisfaction regarding a headline, "Shia Vs Sunni: IS attacks Iran Parliament, Khomeini's mausoleum" (TOI, June 8), on Friday, stating that, "The government and the people of the Islamic Republic of Iran have always considered Sunnis to be their religious brothers and believe that the terrorists who attacked the Iranian Parliament and the Mausoleum of Imam Khomeini have no connections with Islam and with our Sunni brothers".
Iran's foreign minister on Thursday rejected Donald Trump's condolences for deadly attacks in Tehran, calling the USA president's words repugnant.
On Thursday, Iran's Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alavi said investigators were working to determine whether Saudi Arabia had a role Wednesday's attacks but said it was too soon to say if that was the case.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has offered his condolences after twin attacks on Iran's parliament and a shrine to its revolutionary leader, vowing aid in the fight against worldwide terrorism. "Iranian people reject such U.S. claims of friendship", said in a tweet. He concludes by threatening the royal family of Saudi Arabia and promises, "after Iran, it will be your turn".
The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attacks. Five of them had previously fought with ISIS in Mosul and Raqqa, the Iranian Intelligence Ministry said in a statement Thursday.
The Islamic State group claimed the Tehran attacks; no link has emerged of Saudi Arabia's involvement.
Uber dismisses over 20 employees after law firm's probe
News of the terminations came from law firm Perkins Coie LLP (via Bloomberg ), which Uber hired to lead the investigation. Her accusations prompted a barrage of criticism over sexual harassment and a discriminatory work environment.
"Our country always follows the course of preserving peace and stability in the region", said the Iranian embassy, noting that yesterday's terror attacks can be described as a reflection of the concern of enemies of peace in the region.
A total of 14 people have sustained wounds from an acid attack in Tehran, according to reports from the Iranian Labour News Agency (ILNA), as the country is alarmed after Daesh-led terror attacks which left 16 dead Wednesday. Alavi told state TV that authorities had found and raided the home where the pre-attack IS video was filmed. The video emerged before Iranian media reported that the siege had ended, with four attackers killed.
The rare assault in the heart of Tehran comes as the whole Persian Gulf region is on edge with a deepening feud between the Arab monarchies and gas-rich Qatar over its alleged support for extremist groups and ties to Iran. After several hours and exchanges of gunfire, they were killed by Iranian special forces.
State TV also showed pictures of ammunition, rifles and binoculars laid out next to an Islamic State flag, all, it said, taken from the attackers.
Meanwhile Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said that contradictions between the White House statement and the US Senate's anti-Iran sanctions is atrocious.
Syrian President Bashar Assad has condemned the twin extremist attacks in Tehran, vowing the Iran and Syria would emerge victorious in their fight against "terrorism".





Comments