Nauert says the USA isn't sure whether the countries in the region will take up the US on its offer to mediate. Qatar has already indicated its emir wouldn't be able to travel to the U.S.to participate in a meeting.
Trump spoke with the leader of Saudi Arabia on Tuesday to push for regional unity, and during a Wednesday phone call with the emir of Qatar he "offered to help the parties resolve their differences, including through a meeting at the White House if necessary", according to a White House statement.
Anxious residents have responded to the crisis by emptying grocery stores in the Qatari capital, Doha, as Saudi Arabia has blocked trucks carrying food from entering the country across its only land border.
Al Jazeera says on its website that its digital properties are under "systemic and continual hacking attempts".
While applauding a Kuwaiti effort to mediate the crisis, Gargash said Emirati and Saudi officials planned to concede nothing to Qatar, an worldwide air travel hub now cut off from some of the skies around it and blocked from receiving the trucks full of food it relies on to feed its citizens.
Nabeel Rajab, one of the country's most high-profile activists, is now on trial for a series of tweets criticising a Saudi-led Arab military campaign in Yemen.
Castaner was responding to a question on whether Paris agreed with the accusation by the Saudi-led group that Qatar supported "terrorist" groups.
Qatari investigators said that a cyber attack which saw the publication of explosive "fake news" last month that helped trigger a crisis with the country's neighbours was prepared in April.
Al Qassemi also warned Qatar should not rely on hosting some 10,000 American troops at its al-Udeid Air Base as protection against the Arab nations lined up against it. U.S. President Donald Trump made a series of tweets Tuesday calling into question his commitment to the peninsular nation after earlier telling Qatar's ruling emir that "we've been friends now for a long time".
Novak Djokovic may take a break from tennis after French Open loss
Or will the King Of Clay prevail? He said: "I think it's better there is one day off". The Austrian will now face No. 4 Rafael Nadal in the semifinals on Friday.
Qatar said on Thursday the action against it was endangering stability in Gulf but it was not prepared to compromise to settle the dispute.
Bahrain, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates were among those who joined Saudi Arabia on Monday in cutting diplomatic ties with Qatar.
Qatar strongly denies the allegations and has expressed a willingness to engage in talks to resolve the crisis.
The Kuwaiti ruler played a pivotal role in mediating a compromise in a 2014 diplomatic dispute between Saudi Arabia, Qatar and other Gulf states.
He hoped that the Arab and Islamic nations would stand united against the obstacles they were now facing. All that comes amid a crackdown on all dissent on the island home to the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet and an under-construction British naval base.
Thursday's statement added the list would be updated with new individuals and organizations based in or funded by Qatar.
The UAE's General Civil Aviation Authority also announced on Twitter that it had "closed the airspace for all air traffic to and from Doha until further notice".
But the campaign to isolate Qatar is disrupting trade in commodities from crude oil to metals and food, and deepening fears of a possible jolt to the global gas market.
RIA Novosti said Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov will meet with Qatari counterpart Sheikh Mohammed Bin Abdulrahman Al Thani on Saturday.





Comments