Gunmen and suicide bombers attacked Iran's parliament and the shrine of its revolutionary leader, killing at least 12 people, wounding dozens and igniting an hours-long siege at the legislature that ended with four attackers dead.
A police officer stands guard as vehicles drive in front of Iran's parliament building in Tehran, Iran, Thursday, May 8, 2017.
Iran's foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif on Thursday rejected Trump's condolences for the twin attacks in the capital.
Foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif dismissed what he called the "repugnant White House statement". "Iranian people reject such USA claims of friendship".
The statement said Saudi Arabia "constantly supports" terrorists including the Islamic State group, adding that the IS claim of responsibility "reveals (Saudi Arabia's) hand in this barbaric action".
Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards have pointed the finger at regional rival Saudi Arabia - a close United States ally - which Tehran accuses of funding extremism and groups including IS.
Despite the attacks, Democrats and Republicans in the Senate on Wednesday pushed ahead a bill that would impose a new set of sanctions against Iran.
Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, in a message read at the funeral, said the raids would increase hatred for Saudi Arabia, the region's main Sunni power, and America.
Corey Lewandowski: President Trump Needs Communications Team With 'Preexisting Relationship'
Spicer got to the conference Wednesday afternoon and basically said the typo was some sort of coded message sent on goal . A senior administration official said Kushner was keeping his head down and focusing on work after the foreign trip.
Last year, they returned to the country under the leadership of Abu Aish to carry out terrorist attacks in the holy places of Iran, a statement by the Iranian Security Ministry said.
More than 40 people were also wounded in Wednesday's attacks.
The ministry said that the gunmen had a record in "terrorism" with links to the Sunni extremist groups, who had then joined the ISIS group and fought alongside the ISIS militants in Mosul and Raqqa.
The "spilled blood of the innocent will not remain unavenged", the Revolutionary Guard statement said.
In similar comments following the Tehran attacks, the Leader said Wednesday that such assaults will fail to undermine the Iranian nation's resolve in the face of threats.
Rouhani affirmed his support for Assad's government and promised to carry out the fight against "terrorists and their supporters", according to a report on Syrian state media.
"Allah permitting, this is the first brigade that was established (in Iran) but it will not be the last", one of them said, as the group sat masked in a circle with their weapons.
Holding the pictures of their beloved ones, the families of the martyrs in the terrorist attacks have attended the ceremony.



Comments