The Metropolitan Police specialist marine unit found the body last night.
In an interview with Italy's Radio 24, Mr Giuseppe Amato, the chief prosecutor in Bologna, said Zaghba, an Italian national, had been flagged in March a year ago at the Bologna airport en route to Turkey because he was travelling on a one-way ticket with only a backpack as luggage.
The Saturday attack was claimed by ISIS and follows the May 22 suicide bombing at the Manchester Arena by Salman Abedi that killed 22 people. He stabbed innocent people in the name of Islam before London police shot him.
Youssef Zaghba is said to have told Italian police "I'm going to be a terrorist" when he was stopped trying to travel to Syria past year.
British authorities, meanwhile, reportedly said they had recovered a body from the River Thames and notified the family of 45-year-old Xavier Thomas, who had been missing since the attack.
His name was also added by the police in Bologna to an European Union security database. "They knew well how anxious I was and aware of what was going on". Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with the victims and families at this time. "We monitored him while he was here and our officers had alerted the British authorities".
In a statement, his family said: "As a family we are shocked and appalled by the actions of Khuram and his associates".

Eighth person killed in London attack found in Thames river
The Islamic State militant group owned the grisly event.
The Home Office has not commented as there is an ongoing police investigation, while Scotland Yard has said Zaghba, who lived in east London, was not a police or MI5 subject of interest.
"Since discovering that it was Rachid that was responsible I have shed many tears for the people caught up in this horrific incident", O'Leary added. The other two officers target Zaghba and Redouane.
Saturday's attack - the third in three months in which suspects had been on the radar of security officials - has prompted Prime Minister Theresa May to call for tougher counterterrorism laws even if it means changing human rights protections.
Reaction to the attack has dominated the final days of campaigning before Thursday's general election in Britain.
The footage shows the three fanatics stabbing a passer-by outside the Wheatsheaf pub just before police cars arrive at speed.
U.S. says fight for Raqqa will be 'difficult'
The Syrian Observatory of Human Rights also reported that the SDF had already seized a number of positions inside the city. Kino, said the battle for Raqqa would open a "new chapter in the history of Syria and especially for the civilians".



Comments