London Bridge terror attack killers named by police

Adjust Comment Print

Police have yet to name the third attacker.

Both men lived in Barking, an ethnically diverse part of east London where police carried out several raids on Sunday and Monday.

The three were taken into custody at a south London police station under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.

Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn voiced support for those calling on May resign because of her role in reducing police staffing, but he said the best remedy was to vote her out.

The news raises questions about the police's judgment and increases pressure on Prime Minister Theresa May, who three days before a national election is facing criticism for overseeing cuts to police during her years as interior minister. However, she said she and the police assumed he wanted to eventually go to Syria, given he only had a one-way ticket to Istanbul and a small backpack.

The married father-of-two, who worked for London Underground as a trainee customer services assistant for almost six months past year, could be seen in the programme arguing with police officers in the street, after displaying a flag used by so-called Islamic State in a London park.

People lay flowers for victims of Saturday's attack on London Bridge, Monday, June 5, 2017.

Londoners were still struggling Monday to take in the cruelty and madness of Saturday's attack.

"She must have shared with them her passion for the homeless, and the work we do in bettering people out there in our communities, and in her case in Calgary. One whole day", she said. Luckily she had a full fridge. "I always stock up!"

But she said they were "bound together by the evil ideology of Islamist extremism".

The Italian reports said Zaghba was intercepted at the Bologna airport previous year as he was about to board a plane for Turkey, apparently with the intention of joining Islamic State militants in Syria.

Police have not yet released the identity of the third person involved in carrying out the attack on London Bridge, where the van swerved into pedestrians, and in nearby Borough Market, where the knife-wielding assailants slashed and stabbed anyone in their path.

Champions Trophy: Virat Kohli believes 'superb' Hardik Pandya can be India great
Sri Lanka captain Angelo Mathews won the toss and elected to bowl in Thursday's Champions Trophy clash against India at The Oval. That comes naturally to Hardik. "If you look at most of the guys, they haven't played a lot of global cricket", he said.

Investigation to the London stabbing attack continues.

May served as home secretary for six years before becoming prime minister last year, a period in which the number of police dropped by about 20,000 officers. She told her son to be careful about anything he did after that, including surfing the internet, she said, adding that she didn't approve of his London friends and never felt comfortable in his London neighborhood.

"It's just a fact that, over the last seven years, we as a city have lost 600 million pounds from our budgets".

"I think in the short term, we have to understand that the intelligence services - domestic and global - do have to conduct a lot of surveillance".

A Canadian woman killed in the London terror attack would have had "no understanding of the callous cruelty that caused her death", her family said as they paid tribute to her.

The officers - believed to be from Pakistan's Inter Service Intelligence agency (ISI) - were seen outside the premises thought to belong to Nasir Butt, a well-known businessman in the area, The Telegraph reported.

IS has claimed responsibility for three attacks in Britain since March, and Dick described the recent wave of violence as "unprecedented in my working life".

Salahudeen, a 40-year-old driving instructor and one of the neighbours, said Butt's had changed lately.

"The police and our partners are doing everything we can across the country to help prevent further attacks and protect the public from harm", he said. Authorities have said the London attack was apparently unconnected to the Manchester bombing.

She said the police had told her that the information had been passed to Scotland Yard but she had heard nothing more.

The video shows a man crossing a deserted street in the market.

Comments