Police obtain amateur video of 15-year-old who was shot

Adjust Comment Print

Connecticut State Police say they're reviewing a video that appears to show Bridgeport teenager Jayson Negron as he lay dying on the street after being shot by a Bridgeport police officer last week. He has been the primary spokesperson for the family since the shooting.

"If that crucial part of the story is a lie, everything else is up for question", Rivera told the Hartford Courant.

Rivera said that he posted the video after it was forwarded to Jayson's father-Rivera's cousin-by a family friend who was at the scene.

Police shot Negron and a passenger after a pursuit. "They left my baby cousin on the ground to die".

Police said Bridgeport Officer James Boulay shot the teen after Negron struck the officer with a stolen vehicle on Tuesday. He was pronounced dead by the police at the scene.

It's unclear how Rivera obtained the video.

No weapons were discovered in the vehicle.

An unverified video recording of the fatal shooting of a teen in Bridgeport, Connecticut, calls into question police claims about the time and manner of death. Negron's family has called for more transparency in the investigation, including raising questions about a video taken moments after the shooting that showed Negron in the ground outside the auto. At one point, the camera pans away from the victim.

Sirens coming from emergency vehicles can be heard approaching as bystanders watch the incident unfold.

Ransomware virus partially hits institutions, police dept in Maharashtra
That affordable move redirected the attacks to MalwareTech's server, which operates as a "sinkhole" to keep malware from escaping. Always update systems and software with the latest security updates. "However, they chose not to tell Microsoft about it".

At the time of the video, Jayson appears to be still alive, but he died later of gunshot wounds to the chest, which would contradict original reports that he was killed immediately.

A GoFundMe page has since been set up for Negron to raise money for his funeral service.

Police said Negron's body was left uncovered in the street for hours due to "evidence-gathering reasons". He said a forensic official later told him he could have covered the body with a sheet. "It's sad that we'll never know that".

Tina Suarez, of Bridgeport, holds up a sign while attending a protest and vigil for Jayson Negron on John Street near the intersection with Park Avenue in Bridgeport on Wednesday, May 10, 2017.

.

"The callous disregard that Bridgeport police officers showed for Jayson Negron during his last moments of life is unacceptable", David McGuire, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union, told the outlet. Police said that there was no footage from dash cams or bodycams because the police department can not afford them.

Mayor Joseph Ganim said he was among many people who were outraged that Negron's body was not more quickly moved from the scene.

Bridgeport Officer James Boulay, 30, shot dead Negron and he has now been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.

Hundreds gathered at the site to pay their respects for Negron and to call for change within law enforcement.

Comments