THE Federal Government FG on Thursday, said the 82 Chibok girls who were released by the Bokoharam terrorists are now undergoing medical screening.
The government said people denied access were not their biological parents, adding that they will swap more Boko Haram members for the remaining girls if they have to do it again.
As Nigerians continue to celebrate the release of the 82 Chibok girls, some groups have hailed the president Muhammadu Buhari-led government and the Nigerian military authority.
Alhassan said there was need to help the girls forget the trauma they experienced from the bush.
"And I believe very strongly that soon, the remaining girls will be released by the grace of God".
According to a statement by her Special Assistant on Media, Adebisi Olumide-Ajayi, the President's wife visited the girls at an undisclosed location in Abuja.
The government's goal is to have all the girls back in school at the start of the new academic year, she added, without specifying where.
Observers and local media link the release of the girls to the President's nearly immediate departure for the United Kingdom where he recently spent nearly two months receiving unspecified medical treatment.
China New Silk Road Investments Surprisingly Weak Before This Week's Summit
He will attend the inaugural session of the summit and the plenary meeting of the high-level dialogue and the state banquet. Chinese media coverage of the two-day Belt and Road Forum, due to kick off on Sunday, has been relentlessly upbeat.
"Persons doubting that 82 Chibok girls are not Chibok Girls-we're happy to pay for you to travel to Chibok to confirm from families". One of the Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram in 2014 and who had the opportunity to be released on Saturday.
Boko Haram militants are thought to be still holding more than 100 of the 276 taken from Chibok three years ago. They are among thousands kidnapped by Boko Haram during its eight-year insurgency that has left thousands dead and driven millions from their homes.
Speaking with state house correspondents, Alhassan said: "Any parents that identified their children will be brought next week to see them". The newly released girls will join the program.
The 82 Chibok girls freed Saturday will not return to school in September because they are undergoing medical and psychological treatment, said presidential spokesman Garba Shehu.
Ms Alhassan said girls at the centre had been receiving psychological care and were not "having nightmares anymore".
"We have an uncle here in the movement who in the early days could speak to his niece on the phone".
Some of the girls who escaped shortly after the mass kidnapping said some classmates had died from illness, and others were radicalized and didn't want to come home.





Comments