She said there was an "active" police investigation to try and locate Madeleine and bring her abductor to justice.
The three-year-old disappeared from her apartment in Praia Da Luz in 2007 - a small town on the Algarve in Portugal - while her parents ate dinner less than 100 metres away from their Ocean Club hotel room. And now here we are.Madeleine, our Madeleine- ten years'.
British detectives have a "significant" line of inquiry in the Madeleine McCann case, ten years after the youngster went missing.
He said police had no definitive evidence as to whether Madeleine was alive or dead. They are working with Portuguese police as they try to stand up the theory.
But he added that "there was no reason whatsoever" to suspect Madeleine's parents were involved in her disappearance.
And now, unbelievably, we are approaching the ten-year anniversary of when the little girl went missing.
"I know we have a significant line of inquiry which is worth pursuing", he said, according to a Press Association story also published Tuesday.
More than £11 million has been spent on the United Kingdom probe.
Five years later, however, Scotland Yard opted to reopen and fully fund a new probe.
The Madeleine McCann investigation, codenamed Operation Grange within the Metropolitan Police, has always suffered from the inadequacies of the original Portuguese investigation.
They were identified by their mobile phone use, their location near the apartment on the night and their backgrounds. But who knows what opportunities have been missed?
THE parents of Madeleine McCann have revealed they have a pile of presents waiting for their missing daughter. No more leads can only mean no more money - and the end.
Pro hockey: Predators sweep Blackhawks
On how the Blackhawks can get back to be a puck-possession team: "It's probably a question for Joel more than me". The Predators returned to the ice Sunday morning for a high-tempo practice.
In a message on the Official Find Madeleine Campaign Facebook page, they thanked the "quiet majority" of people who have backed their campaign to find their daughter, and hit out at the "misinformation, half-truths and downright lies" around the case.
She said "when Madeleine first disappeared I couldn't even begin to consider anything in terms of years".
"And now here we are". Mrs McCann has described the tenth anniversary of her daughter's disappearance as a "horrible marker of time, stolen time".
"We are bracing ourselves for the next couple of weeks".
She adds "media appearances are draining and on occasion, unhelpful to the only thing we want, finding Madeleine".
Officers have sifted through some 40,000 documents and looked at more than 600 individuals since the United Kingdom investigation was launched.
"We have reviewed all the material gathered from multiple sources since 2007".
Last month, the Home Office said it had provided £85,000 for British police efforts to continue for a further six months.
In an interview almost a decade on from the youngster's disappearance, Rowley also confirmed four people considered as possible suspects in 2013 have been ruled out.
"This led to interviews at a police station in Faro facilitated by the local Policia Judiciária and the search of a large area of wasteland which is close to Madeleine's apartment in Praia Da Luz". But the relationship with Portuguese investigators was "better than ever" and that was paying dividends in the progress made.
Despite the case having a smaller team, a number of "critical lines of inquiry" are still being pursued.





Comments