Police say Steve Stephens, left, shot Robert Godwin Sr., right, on Sunday and posted video of the killing on Facebook.
He was wanted on an aggravated murder charge in the shooting death of a 74-year-old man who was picking up aluminum cans on Sunday after spending Easter with his family.
In a rambling video, Steve Stephens said, "I snapped, I just snapped".
Osofsky said Facebook disabled Stephens' account "within 23 minutes of receiving the first report about the murder video, and two hours after receiving a report of any kind". And a third video, with a confession to murder, was broadcast live at 2:22 and reported by someone shortly after it ended at 2:27 pm EDT.
Facebook has launched a review into how it handles violent videos and other offensive material, as a nationwide manhunt is under way for an American man who posted a video of a killing to the social media site.
In a separate video, Stephens said he also killed more than a dozen other people.
"Can you say, 'Joy Lane?'" the suspect asks Godwin, referring to a woman authorities have identified as Stephen's former girlfriend.
In an interview with CNN's Don Lemon Monday night, four relatives of the victim, Robert Godwin Sr., said they don't want the suspect, Steve Stephens, to die, but to surrender. "He needed that before this happened and I pray for his mother".
Stephens claimed on Facebook that he committed multiple homicides, but police said they have no knowledge of other victims.
Christian Benteke: 'Crystal Palace deserved to beat Leicester City'
However, they have a particularly hard run in, with Tottenham, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United all still to play. Again Palace did not lose belief, and within two minutes scored their first goal.
Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson on Monday announced a reward of up to $50,000 (£39,000) for information leading to the suspect's arrest.
Law enforcement officials said his cellphone signal was last detected on Sunday afternoon in Erie, Pennsylvania, about 100 miles (160 kilometers) east of Cleveland.
The video of Robert Godwin, 74, in Cleveland was posted for almost two hours before Facebook took it down.
Stephens, 37, of Cleveland, Ohio, who was described as armed and unsafe, was also placed on the FBI's Most Wanted list, a designation officials hope will help raise public awareness about the case. "I'm glad that my parents taught us to love people and to forgive even when they do us wrong". Police said he might be driving a white or cream-coloured Ford Fusion, and asked anyone who spots him or his auto to call police or a special Federal Bureau of Investigation hotline (800-CALLFBI). But they said there was no sign he was actually there.
"Not because he needed the money, it was just something he did", said 52-year-old Debbie Godwin.
Steve Stephens from OH uploaded the video himself, after apparently shooting dead a victim at random.
This isn't the first time that Facebook has been criticised for not reacting fast enough to video content posted on the social network after it was revealed earlier this year that a group of teenagers used Facebook to livestream the kidnapping and torture of a man.
Beech Brook spokeswoman Nancy Kortemeyer tells WOIO-TV that the agency is "shocked and horrified". Facebook has also hosted videos showing the torture of a young man with disabilities in Chicago.
"We're still asking Steve to turn himself in and, if he doesn't, we'll find him", the chief said.



Comments