Ex-NFL star Hernandez acquitted in Boston double murder

Adjust Comment Print

The double murder charges stemmed from an altercation that reportedly started over a spilled drink and ended with Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado dead. During that trial in Fall River, much was made about Hernandez's "paranoia" over what Lloyd may or may not have known about the killings of de Abreu and Furtado.

The jury in the trial took 37 hours to acquit Hernandez on seven of the eight charges he faced, convicting him only on an illegal firearms charge.

Jose Baez, a lawyer for Hernandez, attacked Bradley's credibility during a withering cross examination.

Hernandez had pleaded not guilty to killing Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado in a drive-by shooting in Boston's South End early July 16, 2012. He was also accused of first-degree murder, witness intimidation and shooting a witness - Alexander Bradley - in the face in an attempt to silence him.

"I think he had 24 hours notice [to appear in court]", Baez said.

The defense claimed that Alexander Bradley - who was a friend to Hernandez - was responsible for the shooting.

Russian Federation slams watchdog probe of alleged Syria chemical attack
The SDF, with the help of air and ground support from the USA -led coalition, has surrounded Tabqa. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson's visit to Moscow earlier this week have focused on the negative.

Conley says the prosecution put forward a very strong case, and has no regrets. The "murder weapon" was found on a person connected to Hernandez as well, prosecutors said, and cell phone experts said Hernandez's phone was nearby at the time of the shooting.

"We the jury heard from over 70 witnesses and over 380 exhibits across five weeks", jury foreman Lindsey Stringer said, reading from a written statement as the rest of the jury stood behind her. We base our decision based on the evidence presented and the law.

It should be noted that Hernandez's attorney is the same attorney who got Casey Anthony acquitted. Hernandez was cut by the Patriots shortly after being arrested for Lloyd's killing.

Hernandez's professional football career came to an end following Lloyd's murder.

This latest trial went on for a month with the jury deliberating for six days coming back with a not guilty finding on all charges except one.

Comments